VS6 and Windows XP - Install problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS6 and Windows XP - Install problem

I'm trying to install VS6 on an XP machine. The wizard says that it needs to download the latest version on the Microsoft JVM before proceeding. Obviously it can't find it to D/L it b/c MS stopped supporting the MSJVM. I tried downloading a copy from another site, but it still won't install.

I'm sure a lot of you are running Visual Studio 6.0 with XP. Just wondering how you all got it to work.

I've googled the problem, and so far, a solution that modifies the autoexec.nt file is the only solid thing I can find. Needless to say, it didn't work...

I just installed VS6 enterprise last thursday and didnt have any problems at all and I dont have VM installed either. I have a copy of the last version of VM at work that I know works so I will look it out tomorow if you want to try it.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

I have the Professional edition. I think I'm just going to buy VS 2005, It's only $50 w/the academic discount. Probably need to upgrade anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have the free express version of 2005. Its good and quick to coble something together but you are relying on people having .net 2 on their machine and you can only do what .net lets you.
        Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Just got my VS6 to work. Going to play around with a few front ends, then embark on my ambitious plan to have a PhoCo-like program for us CDMA folks.

-Peace

Comment

Sounds to me like you may have a dodgy copy of Visual studio. The original has the MSJVM included in its distribution.

Comment

Working...
            X