GPS Navigation in My Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Navigation in My Software

Hey guys, im writing my own vehicle specific Shell for windows, and i have alot of features, however overlooked Navigation. I dont mind if i can get C++ or VB lib's ActiveX's etc. The only activeX that i can find is 100% GPS position, in other words, it only finds longitude, latitude. That is it. How can i incorprate maps, directions etc in to my apps. Thanks in advanced.

you pretty much have to code that yourself. It's quite complicated

Comment

wow, i got a reply 2 years after asking the question. Thanks anyway

John

Comment

So, does that mean you finished it? Being that more than 2 years has passed and all.
        It's been a while...

Comment

i wish, i actually lost interest in the project and moved onto other things.

John

Comment

I started a project quite similar, but alot simpler. All I want to be able to do is embed a window inside my program that displays a gps program like iGuidance. Like most front ends do. I'm using c# and visual studio, got any ideas on how this could be done?

Comment

You could fairly easily use the SetParent function:
              http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...41(VS.85).aspx
              Eg (in c#):
              [DllImport("user32.dl")
              public static extern IntPtr SetParent(IntPtr child,IntPtr newParent);

Then you just call SetParent with the child being the window you want to embed, and the parent being this.Handle.

You probably need to relocate and resize the window, search through the MSDN winapi functions and you'll find everything you need.
              "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
              RevFE
              My Shop

Comment

Working...
              X