C programmer needed for bluetooth app

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C programmer needed for bluetooth app

I am after a simple program coded in c to be able to poll for bluetooth connections and be able to connect / disconnect either headset or audio gateway... now the widcomm bluetooth SDK is downloadable free from http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_sdk.php you only need to reg. The reason I cant do it myself is I dont know the first thing about C and all the examples given are in C ...

What I want to do is connect to a headset / audio gateway when I dial out from my pc. Even a simple command line app would do, but if a dll or something could be wrote so I can do it in VB even better.

hope someone can help

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

I found something that may help, "Bluetooth Remote Control for SmartPhone" on "Channel9", http://channel9.msdn.com

Here is some source: http://mtaulty.com/downloads/Bluetoo...trolSource.zip and the article: http://mtaulty.com/CommunityServer/b...2/07/5055.aspx

Comment

Had a look on the sdk and a sample-application named "BlueHeadphone" is provided! What else do you need? i compiled it without problems....not tested yet cause my dongle is in the car! Perhaps i could help you...
      Supergong

Comment

All I'm after is to be able to connect to either the audio gateway or headset from within freefone.. so even a command line app something like autoconnect.exe connect or autoconnect.exe disconnect I'm unsure how it polls for connected devices available connections etc.. but thats the idea behind it.

CdR
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I'm very interesed in the same thing. However, I am in the same boat in that I have no C Programming capability. In fact if someone figured this out I think there would be a whole lot of people that would want it just as a quick solution to using their BT phone without having to use phoneco or freefone or rrmobile.

I just want an executable that I could set a button up on my skin to run and just connects my bluetooth audio gateway. I'm currently using a hack job of an autoit program that just mimicks mouse clicks ...its lame and not very smooth.
          Audio - Performance Teknique 5.1 Digital Amp, Kappa Perfect 12" VQ

Comment

A common theme on this message board is people begging programmers to do things. Why dont they just learn to program themselves? Remember the old saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" ?? People aren't born with the knowledge to program, they acquire it. Anyone can do the same
            -

Comment

Originally posted by aychamo View Post
              A common theme on this message board is people begging programmers to do things. Why dont they just learn to program themselves? Remember the old saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" ?? People aren't born with the knowledge to program, they acquire it. Anyone can do the same
              Cdrs programming knowledge is all self taught - he has taught himself both vb and flash, he has written many things including:
              • Freedrive
              • Freefone
              • His control pad software
              • All the numerous flash skins which push the boundaries every time

I applaud cdr for how much he has learnt in the last few years and have worked along side him on Freedrive. I think it unfair to tell him to learn, he was simply asking if anyone had the knowledge to help create some code to allow him to put more into Freefone and push the boundaries once again and has always been the first to try to learn himself before asking others.

Comment

"push boundaries"
                i wouldnt go that far.

i would help but it been a while since ive used c last.
                too lazy to deal with all hte syntax errors from java to c.
                haha
                Core duo
                1tb harddrive
                256 ddr
                8 lilliput
                bu-353

still installing...

Comment

Here is some command line scripting thing for PPC's,

http://www.vijay555.com/index.php?Releases:VJVolubilis

It's off your board

91 Stealth RT/TT
                  CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                  Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
                  Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Very experienced C programmer

Can program anything you need. Please contact me if still interested.
                    Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by gustavobodner View Post
                      Can program anything you need. Please contact me if still interested.
                      Thank You.
                      Hi m8, very much still interested. I have been pushing on with freefone, made it standalone now and its becoming better every release. I'm still have some way to control the bluetooth headset / audio gateway connection. I just need a way to connect / disconnect it from the phone. I have no idea how you would go about this or infact how it stores the connections. The pairing and setup of the gateway / headset could be done manual first maybe.. no idea to be honest. I have downloaded the sdk, but with never playing with C and with enough going on with my flash skins / freefone / freedrive / roadrunner controller and a few other things not released yet it would be a while till I could get round to it..

let me know any info you need, thanks CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by aychamo View Post
                        cheeky twat !!!
                        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

cdr i think mr gustavobodner is gonna want some cash for his work.
                          haha
                          its just spam kinda.

anyways goodluck.
                          Core duo
                          1tb harddrive
                          256 ddr
                          8 lilliput
                          bu-353

still installing...

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
                            Hi m8, very much still interested. I have been pushing on with freefone, made it standalone now and its becoming better every release. I'm still have some way to control the bluetooth headset / audio gateway connection. I just need a way to connect / disconnect it from the phone. I have no idea how you would go about this or infact how it stores the connections. The pairing and setup of the gateway / headset could be done manual first maybe.. no idea to be honest. I have downloaded the sdk, but with never playing with C and with enough going on with my flash skins / freefone / freedrive / roadrunner controller and a few other things not released yet it would be a while till I could get round to it..

let me know any info you need, thanks CdR
                            I'm ready to try and program something.

I have a 8525 and Phonecontrol doesn't work on it. What makes me mad is that I see all of the data. Phonebook, incoming calls, it dialls just the audio doesn't work. However, manually using audio gateway works like a champ.

I am not a programmer I have basic VBScript and JavaScript skills. So cdrskull if you can give any pointers as what the problem is with programming for smartphones is that would be helful.

Comment

Working...
                            X