web based front end

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web based front end

i have been planning on doing a web based front end since i am taking a programming class that deals with web applications mostly. I was wondering if there would be a way to open a program like iguidance once you hit a button or link and run it right away. In other words run a local file without the need to "download" the file with the whole download prompt
    I heard its possible using SSI but couldnt really figure out how to do this. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? or better yet, is there a way to embed a program within a .shtml page?
    any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated. I Tried googling but the topic seems a little too vague to get a clear result
    thanks in advance!
    Car: Nissan Maxima 1997 5-SPD
    Current carputer status: 92%
    my carputer worklog: click here

Originally posted by wasyed View Post
    i have been planning on doing a web based front end since i am taking a programming class that deals with web applications mostly. I was wondering if there would be a way to open a program like iguidance once you hit a button or link and run it right away. In other words run a local file without the need to "download" the file with the whole download prompt
    I heard its possible using SSI but couldnt really figure out how to do this. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? or better yet, is there a way to embed a program within a .shtml page?
    any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated. I Tried googling but the topic seems a little too vague to get a clear result
    thanks in advance!
    When I first coded my front end, I was going to use a web interface and found the exact same problem. I wrote the web page and set it as windows active desktop and then it was able to open programs instead of asking to download them. Flash is really good web interface that is web based. I would recommend you use flash or java or something like that.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

yeah im just going to go to java, its the most recent language that I remember anyways. Just don't remember how to embed applications.. I remember it was not that hard. any ideas?
      Car: Nissan Maxima 1997 5-SPD
      Current carputer status: 92%
      my carputer worklog: click here

Comment

Working...
      X