FYI -- Meedio is now MeediOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI -- Meedio is now MeediOS

I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but Meedio was bought by Yahoo sometime back. However, the open source community is picking up where Meedio left off and it's now known as MeediOS.

http://www.meedios.com/

The website has all the meedio plug-ins and meedio themes available to anyone. But the biggest thing, to me, is that the forums are still active and the project is alive.

good to know. i miss myhtpc...err meedio. Vista media center is nice but its lacking some finesse I want.
    Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
    Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
    Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
    CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffy View Post
      good to know. i miss myhtpc...err meedio. Vista media center is nice but its lacking some finesse I want.
      Since it's now open source, I hope people with carPC's can have some influence over the product.

Comment

still has the best album viewing/ sorting structure Ive seen in a 'front end' of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ces///M3 View Post
          still has the best album viewing/ sorting structure Ive seen in a 'front end' of any kind.
          Agreed. It makes for an excellent Front End. Not sure which skin you're running, but I love Vision WS. The skin allows you to hide the left menu which gives you a lot of screen real estate back.

Comment

Originally posted by matt11601 View Post
            Agreed. It makes for an excellent Front End.

Shame MeediOS is progressing so slowly
            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Just to keep this thread going, here's the link to the Vision WS skin I was talking about. Screen shots are on that page

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback View Post

Shame MeediOS is progressing so slowly
                I know. We will have to wait a loooong time before it reaches Meedio Essentials.

Comment

Working...
                X