Meedio is out!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meedio is out!!!

Well, if you were or are a MyHTPC user you know this was a long time in the making. The next version is out and it's called Meedio (no secret, I know). I'm downloading the demo now. Seems to have a very nice frontend with plenty of plug-ins. Even includes themes and a theme maker.

Here is a review: Meedio review
    and the renamed myhtpc.net domain: Meedio.com

I'm not crazy about the $40 to $60 price tag but it does look promising. I really like the Motherboard Monitor Plug-in.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

I like free better.. I like how you can see all of the covers of albums and movies.

If someone adds a GPS plugin, then this looks promising and I'll love to see how this looks on a 7" screen.
    --------
    mykolJay
    99 Accord coupe
    http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
    My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

looks like myhtpc
      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Reminds me of Xbox Media Center a little. My cousins building an HTPC right now and using Mainlobby for the frontend. It's a pretty large home theator project he's building for a customer and I think he liked all of the modules available with Mainlobby-especially for controlling equipment using a couple of other pieces of hardware. Let us know what you think of the software. I thought I read a while back that there was going to be a PC port of XBMP or XBMC coming out.
        '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
          looks like myhtpc
          That's because it is the successor the the free myHTPC.
          Same company.
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
            looks like myhtpc
            Its the updated non free version of myhtpc.

Doh! I should've known Frodo was out typing me ....
            '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Originally posted by rgardjr
              Its the updated non free version of myhtpc.

Doh! I should've known Frodo was out typing me ....
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

Well, after messing with it for a while I think they need to rethink a lot of what they have done. I do like the search but there is no way to search for an artist then play an entire album from the results. When browsing through albums you only see three at a time. That would take friggin' forever for most of us. I still don't understand how they have the movie browsing set up. I can see the folders the movies are in but I can't get them to play...? Anyway, there is a lot of other things I don't like but I guess I'm spoiled with MCE 2004.

To me this is DEFINATELY NOT worth the price of admission. Keep your old MyHTPC installs if you're using them (or pick anotherone from the many BETTER FREE FRONTENDS being developed here on the forums) and wait for a more intuitive user interface on this one.
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                  Well, after messing with it for a while I think they need to rethink a lot of what they have done. I do like the search but there is no way to search for an artist then play an entire album from the results. When browsing through albums you only see three at a time. That would take friggin' forever for most of us. I still don't understand how they have the movie browsing set up. I can see the folders the movies are in but I can't get them to play...? Anyway, there is a lot of other things I don't like but I guess I'm spoiled with MCE 2004.

To me this is DEFINATELY NOT worth the price of admission. Keep your old MyHTPC installs if you're using them (or pick anotherone from the many BETTER FREE FRONTENDS being developed here on the forums) and wait for a more intuitive user interface on this one.
                  I think you may have dismissed it too quickly! It's hugely configurable and with a little work you can get it to do want you want...and more!
                  Attached Files
                  Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Yeah I love myhtpc, I have 2 htpc's in my house. But now I need to try meedio.
                    肚子笑痛了
                    S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                      I think you may have dismissed it too quickly! It's hugely configurable and with a little work you can get it to do want you want...and more!
                      Hmmmm. Maybe you are correct. I'll prolly try it again then.
                      Aura MR62 (F and R)
                      My Current MP3s
                      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Yes meedio is awomse! I'm currently customizing it to my needs. Here is my progress so far. It works great on a touch screen.

I have over 9000 mp3s, 400 Full Albums, 13 Days worth of straight music

Everything is organized, tagged, Files renamed, cover art, etc.

The only tags I use are Artist, Title, Album, Track, Year, and Genre.

I don't use Genre for Genre though. I keep everyone blank except the singles. For every single I label the Genre tag "Single".

I listen to alternative. (Anything from 1991 on) so I have atleast 400 full cds in one folder. If I need to seperate into genres I just use the filter option for example "lower( item_location ) like '%F:\Music\Comedy%'"

:My Car and Regular Computer:
                        http://home.comcast.net/~krypt2nite

Comment

figure I would give this a try. Its ok, but (at least me) if you play a movie, there is no way to go back to the menu by touch screen. I have to use esc key or fast forward the movie to the end. Am I missing something?
                          The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
                          CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
                          PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
                          Memory:1G
                          Drives:160gig
                          WI-FI:Cingular
                          GPS:IG2k9
                          Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
                          The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by john1701
                            figure I would give this a try. Its ok, but (at least me) if you play a movie, there is no way to go back to the menu by touch screen. I have to use esc key or fast forward the movie to the end. Am I missing something?
                            Somewhere in setup you can tell it to show the controls on screen always.
                            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

are there different high-contrast skins for meedio?

does it have any GPS support, or embedded program options?
                              mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
                              Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

Comment

Working...
                              X