MCE 2005 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCE 2005 problems

I installed windows MCE 2005, but I don't have an option in the start menu for the media center....

Will it only show up after I register it?????

You probably installed it incorrectly. Did you do a clean install or upgrade?

Comment

upgrade

Comment

You'll need to do a clean install for it to work. I ran into the same problem.

Comment

thanks....i'll try tonight...

Comment

CloseCaption in MCE2005/HTPC. How do I disable?

I presently run my satellite directly into my Samsung HDTV Sat-reciever. The sat reciever video is connected directly to the TV (via component R,G,B) and audio directly via optical out to my audio amp. When I first setup my Sat reciever, and began viewing... CloseCaption (CC) messages was enabled and could be seen on every channel that supported it. I went into my samsunG menu/controls and disabled CC and viola... no more CC -- great!

Next step in my HTPC setup... connect an audio/video out channel from my sat to my htpc/pvr-250. I did this by running audio/video out from my sat-receiver into my HTPC. The intent... record non-hi-def programs.

I have MCE2005 setup and working properly. After configuring MCE2005 to use DirecTV satellite, change the channels, etc... I was up an running with the ability to view my sat-feed via MCE.

my problem... when I view the sat-feed via MCE -- the closed caption (CC) is BACK!

But when I switch back to TV+Satellite (and not view through MCE) there are no CC messages.

I know disabling CC display within my Sat reciever worked -- because I don't see CC text in the SAT+TV display. However SAT+MCE does show the CC text. I looked in the MCE settings for a way to disable/turn-off CC in MCE 05 but didn't have any luck.

if you made it this far, thanks for reading this message!

If you have any ideas what I can or should do to disable CC messages in MCE, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.
            Slang

========================================
            - CarPC install complete.
            - CarPC software: CENTRAFUSE
            - Planning/working on in-dash for lilliput monitor

Comment

In Media Center, go to Settings, TV, Audio. From that screen you can select your captioning wishes. This is how it works for me with cable fed in anyway, but I would think it is the same.

Comment

Thanks for your help ACHIEVER. I will try this out and let you know.

btw are you running mce 04 or 05?

Comment

Comment

Does anyone have any info on the installation of this app. I had the same issue, I installed it and it looks just like regular windows xp. Please Help.

Comment

START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > ENTERTAINMENT....

Something like that.
                      I'm not at home, so this is just from memory.

Comment

just do a clean install and it works fine....it worked for me...

Comment

Clean install worked for me also.

Comment

does it automatically come up w/ the MCE view instead of the desktop after installation or should I follow heypachuco's instructions of:
                            START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > ENTERTAINMENT

Comment

Originally posted by brizzle
                              does it automatically come up w/ the MCE view instead of the desktop after installation or should I follow heypachuco's instructions of:
                              START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > ENTERTAINMENT
                              MCE 2005 is almost identical to XP with some added items. So no it isn't going to auto come up with the MCE software, you have to open it.
                              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Working...
                              X