Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Windows Media Center Edition in front ends section?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no Windows Media Center Edition in front ends section?

It's a front end that has people writing stuff for it and you can buy it without a PC so why not?
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

because it's not a car frontend. I use it on my desktop, but I think it's too bulky and kinda slow for a Car frontend. Besides, you need a DirectX 9 compatible video card which completely excludes all VIA boards.
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

Originally posted by SFiorito
      because it's not a car frontend. I use it on my desktop, but I think it's too bulky and kinda slow for a Car frontend. Besides, you need a DirectX 9 compatible video card which completely excludes all VIA boards.
      First of all it is easily a front end for cars as more than a handfull of people use it here on the forums. I have no speed issues with it. And so what if it excludes the VIA boards, not everyone uses them. So, I am restating my question and requesting there be a Windows MCE section added.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I think the creation of a forum should be based on demand (read: several threads discussing that particular frontend, or a VERY large thread, which shows lots of interest, exists in the forum)... I dont think it should go the other way "create a forum to see if people are interested"....

It is harder to find stuff if it is too chopped up, plus so many people use MCE with other frontends, or other software that usually issues with it are discussed there...

Also, none of us are developers (afaik) of MCE, and even if some are, there is no way to make fixes and re-release it when we find bugs, gripes, etc, so unless it is a tweaking forum for ideas on how to better use it, I dont think it would serve any purpose.

Like I said, if we start getting threads about it then a forum should be dedicated to that, until this happens I think the occasional question/comment cna be here in the general software section...
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

IMO becuase embedded xp serves the purpose better.

Comment

umm I actually used to run windows media center on my car pc at first... no problems.. but i never tried to watch tv with it....
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

It's not exactly optimized for touch screen either.

Comment

Other frontends are much better and customizable than MCE... MCE is crap in the car compared to others.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Worked fine for me for a couple years...Go figure.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

actually what i like about MC is the transitions.. i wish we had some of these in RR

Comment

i get it you can't use notepad in MC so that got you ****ssed

Comment

wow, lol, this thread went from 10-06-2005 to 10-09-2008..... lol a hugeeee gap. I use MCE at home and with the MCE remote its easy to use, but without it UGH, it isnt very fun. Even connected a handheld mouse that was retired from my CarPC install and its still hard to use without the remote.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Windows 7 Media Center will have touch support, but it still won't be an ideal solution. I think RR is better. Customization is a good thing.

Comment

haha, wtg crooper... resurrecting the dead.
                            Tidder

Try RevFE
                            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                            X