Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resuming from standby with only touchscreen

having a issue searcherd but cant find anything usefull

is it possible to setup winxp to resume from standby by touching the touchscreen

from what ive rear its not possible but im hoping
    donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

You can, go in windows hardware device manger. I'm working from memory so things may not be word-for-word. In device manager you got to find you USB touch screen controller and under properties you should have a check box "allow this device to wake computer from standby" (or something like that).

Look for the touch screen controller under "USB controllers" or mine was under "Mice and other input devices"
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

Comment

Im going to try this. Do you think it'll work?

Comment

it should work..
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

did it work?

Comment

Did it work?
            CarPuter Progress:
            Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
            Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
            Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
            Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
            Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
              You can, go in windows hardware device manger. I'm working from memory so things may not be word-for-word. In device manager you got to find you USB touch screen controller and under properties you should have a check box "allow this device to wake computer from standby" (or something like that).

Look for the touch screen controller under "USB controllers" or mine was under "Mice and other input devices"

In my case (on Mice and other input devices) I found the touchscreen controller but I dont have this option and under usb controllers this option is unable to be checked. On bios setup I have both S3 and wakeup from USB enabled. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by aperali View Post
                In my case (on Mice and other input devices) I found the touchscreen controller but I dont have this option and under usb controllers this option is unable to be checked. On bios setup I have both S3 and wakeup from USB enabled. Am I missing something?
                Unless you're running a stripped-down XP, the option should be there. You can try this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...uchscreen.html (Post#6) and see..
                OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                M2-ATX Power Supply
                RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
                  Unless you're running a stripped-down XP, the option should be there. You can try this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...uchscreen.html (Post#6) and see..
                  It seems to help. IŽll try this and post what happened. Thank you!

Comment

some motherboards have a jumper on usb ports on the mainboard to allow a 5v standby voltage. if you dont have the jumper on the +5vsb position, chances are it will not work, so you know..
                    Tony
                    http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Originally posted by tracker64 View Post
                      some motherboards have a jumper on usb ports on the mainboard to allow a 5v standby voltage. if you dont have the jumper on the +5vsb position, chances are it will not work, so you know..
                      Tony
                      Thanks Tony,

My mobo is a GA-PCV2 and the only place I can find a +5vSB is on WOL connector. But, as you can see on my previous post I have an Wake-Up from S3 option on Bios enabled. This weekend I will follow treetop777 thread link and post a reply here.

Comment

Got it! unless under S1 (ACPI Suspend type). Is there any "howto" resume from a S3 (STR) via USB?
                        my mobo is a GA-PCV2

thanks in advance,

alex

Comment

Working...
                        X