Hibernation problem...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernation problem...

My computer seems to go into hibernate mode. It does the whole "Hibernating ....." screen then shuts off.

When I turn it back on it seemingly boots fine and goes to the Resuming Windows screen. Once it finished resuming windows - it restarts and asks me if I'd like to

1. "Delete Restoration data and proceed to system boot menu"

OR

2. "Continue with system restart"

It's not hibernating properly and I don't understand why.

Any ideas?

My rams still good....

It looks like it may have crashed at one point. I would try deleting the restoration data and reboot to see if you keep getting that message.
    Carputer Project Status:
    0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
    Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

Well, I should have added...

When I select To delete the data it reboots and everything is dandy. It just never boots straight from hibernation - so I may as well not even use it. Which sucks because it takes nearly a minute to cold boot.

Comment

Yep. It's crashing when it resumes. I hate that. You have to use the keyboard all the time. It was ram for me, but could be drivers or HD. There have been a lot of threads on this lately.

Comment

Do you have 1GB of ram or more? You prolly need this update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330909

EDIT: Wait nevermind that is already included in XP SP2 -- sorry bout that
          -James
          Car: 2004 GTI VR6 24v Turbo 2.8L, GT35R, 630cc, Unitronic, Bosch 044, etc, etc..
          Main PC:i7 [email protected], 6GB DDR3, MSI X-58 Pro-E, Win 7 x64 RTM, Scythe Mugen2, 128GB G.Skill Falcon, 2x ATI4850 512MB Crossfire, Auzentech X-Fi Forte, Grado Labs SR-80

Comment

Maybe it's because I don't have SP2.

I don't know - it's just a pain. I feel like I should update but then I'm worried about driver problems and such. Oh well I suppose I should do it anyway haha.

I'll fuss with the ram and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Iam having a similar problem, only mine does resume from hibernation as the music starts playing again. however i have a blank screen. the only way to get it back is push F8 on resume and delete the hibernation info. then it resumes fine.

Comment

I have the same problem. I found out that if you have your Navi program running and putting it to hibernate. when you try to bring it back up from hibernation, it locks up. Then you had to do a hard shut down and power it back up, that's when you get this message:
                "Delete Restoration data and proceed to system boot menu"
                OR
                "Continue with system restart"

I haven't found any ways around this. So, I usually close my navi program before putting it into hibernation.

Comment

I use iGuidance and leave it running all the time, no problem with returning from hibernation.
                  Carputer Project Status:

Comment

Walstib, My friend and I have the same computer setup with the same frontend. I have that problem but he does not. The only thing I can think of is that my GPS receiver is one of older ones (Haicom HI-301 or the 201 CF).

Comment

i have the same problem. took system in the house and could not get it to duplicate. put back in the car, motherf***er does it again. i have noticed if i manually select hibernate, the problem is less likely to happen.

Comment

I think this may be more of a USB problem. Stiv & PeterD0404, are your GPS units plugged into a USB hub or directly to the mobo?
                        Carputer Project Status:

Comment

Walstib,
                          My GPS is a CF card plugged into a CFto PCMCIA converter. I was thinking of removing that and using a USB card reader instead.

Comment

Hmmm. I was thinking it may be a timing issue. USB is not getting power before OS tries to see it. Same could be true for CF coming out of hibernation. I would think CF would always have power when cold booting, in case that is where the boot image lived. Not sure.
                            Carputer Project Status:

Comment

I am having exactly same issue with this, even already reformat my hdd and re-setup XP SP2, also having the same problem. my mobo is Jetway J7F2WE1G5D coupled with M2, after a thorough read thru the thread, probably is the mobo bios issue, and I just downloaded a updated copy of firmware, hopefully can solve. i will reply once i have the updates

Comment

Working...
                              X