Hibernation Tab gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernation Tab gone?

I'm using Windows XP home on a Jetway C7J5, and I just did a full reinstall. In my initial install, my power options had the hibernation tab in the power options. Now it doesn't. I didn't change anything in the BIOS between the reimage, and I don't know where to look to try and reinable the option.

Any ideas?

Usually that happens when the driver for your video card isn't installed.. check your device manager to make sure you don't have anything in your "other devices" tab

Comment

Thanks. I have not reinstalled my video driver yet, so that must be the culprit.

P.S. Your avatar is nasty.

Comment

That was it. Loaded video drivers, and tab showed up. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah no problem

Comment

Future reference.....if you only have standby, turn off, and restart, hit the shift key while it's displayed. Standby becomes Hibernate. Didn't notice that before SP3.
            My opinion is my own.

Comment

for future reference others problems could be acpi bein disabled in the bios and the enable hibernation check is disabled in the control panel power options.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Bringing this thread back from the dead since it addresses my problem, no hibernation tab.....

I re-installed XP Pro on my CarPC and noticed that the Hibernation tab was gone. I followed the guidance in this thread by using the CD that came with my Lilliput monitor (Touchkit) but I still don't have the hibernation tab. The touchscreen is working fine (and did before I installed the Touchkit program w/drivers). What am I missing? The first time I loaded XP Pro on this computer a long time ago the hibernation tab was always there.

Comment

Touchkit drivers don't have anything to do with your hibernation. You should look to make sure your display drivers are installed. To do that you just need to look in your device manager. Control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Then you will probably see something in other devices or double check display adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by b3tts32 View Post
                    Touchkit drivers don't have anything to do with your hibernation. You should look to make sure your display drivers are installed. To do that you just need to look in your device manager. Control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Then you will probably see something in other devices or double check display adapters.
                    Yeah, I knew the touchkit drivers were for the touchscreen portion of the monitor, but it was the only CD that came with my monitor so I was "hoping" it also had video drivers. As far as the device manager is concerned, I looked there and did not see any "other devices" or "display devices" (which I remember seeing before in the past). That tells me that I am using the "generic" video driver (so I can see something), but since I did not see anything in the Device Manager, I am not sure where to look now.

Comment

Install video driver for the motherboard you are using...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hugenius79 View Post
                          Install video driver for the motherboard you are using...
                          Hmmm....... Ok now I feel like I officially fell off the stupid truck....

Comment

Originally posted by jmciver View Post
                            Hmmm....... Ok now I feel like I officially fell off the stupid truck....
                            Still not getting it..? What model is your motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by b3tts32 View Post
                              Still not getting it..? What model is your motherboard?
                              Oh I get it now (and should have figured that out ). I have a Via M10000 board. I just have to download the drivers since I can't find my original CD now.

Comment

Working...
                              X