Problem with hibernate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with hibernate

Hi I am new to the forum and would like me to help with a problem...

My computer takes 3 minutes!!! to hibernate and 20 seconds to deshibernate

Power off takes 40 seconds

Why??

CarPC Jetway VIA 2G Fanless Mini-ITX Motherboard + 1G Ram + winxp uE v8 +
    only 15 procces charge in memory

More thaks and sorry for my english...I'm spanish

Check if write caching is enabled on your hard disk (the one you boot from). If not, enable it and respond.

20 seconds to come out of hibernation (assuming you're including the bios post time) is quite normal. Roughly it would take you 10-15 seconds for the post to finish (from the time you switch on until the time you see the "Resuming from hibernation" message) and 5-10 seconds for coming out of hibernation. BTW, the less RAM you have, the less time it will need to hibernate and come out of hibernation.

Comment

Hello, my hd is config with select option 2, "Optimize for performance" and nothing comes out but I can not change anything in this gray, not enable cache because dont see

HD Toshiba 80g sata

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HugoCar View Post
        Hello, my hd is config with select option 2, "Optimize for performance" and nothing comes out but I can not change anything in this gray, not enable cache because dont see

HD Toshiba 80g sata

Thanks
        Have you applied any type of tweaks? Maybe you disabled paging or something?

Comment

No...i only format with WinXP uE v8, in 3 laptop that i try with this XP go fast hibernate

Thanks

Comment

No...i only format with WinXP uE v8, in 3 laptop that i try with this XP go fast hibernate

Thanks
            mmm... Really strange. Have you installed your chipset drivers? What chipset is it?

Comment

Yes...the pc go fast and not problem...only hibernation

My motherboard is this but a 2Ghz and i installed the all driver in cd

http://cgi.ebay.es/Jetway-VIA-1-2G-F...4.c0.m14.l1262

Comment

chipset is VIA C7 2GHz EDEN Fanless Processor (12V Low CPU Power Consumption)

Yes installed the cd driver

Comment

I delete the drivers disk sata and ide, reboot and the xp install driver only, reboot once more and write caching is enabled.....OK!!!!

More Thanks!!!

Comment

I delete the drivers disk sata and ide, reboot and the xp install driver only, reboot once more and write caching is enabled.....OK!!!!

More Thanks!!!
                    That's great! Really curious on your shutdown-reboot times now. If you need tips on those, i can help

Comment

OK...More thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X