Windows xp hibernation issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows xp hibernation issue

I decided to upgrade my old laptop hard drive to a larger SSD drive. After installing a fresh copy of xp, I installed all of the software I had on my other hard drive. Roadrunner, Iguidance, winamp, windows media player classic ect... In the control panel, I change the power option to hibernate just like I had done before. Now when I shut my car off, I get the screen that says hibernating. After about 30 seconds, the pc hibernates but then reboots. It stays on for a minute and hibernates again. This cycle continues. The only way I can stop it is to quickly change the hibernation back to power off.

Any idea what could be the cause/solution?
    I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

In your bios is it set to power on after power failure or return to previous state after power failure. Just a thought SNO
    Last edited by SNOtwistR; 04-18-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I did check that. It's set to stay off.
      I have sp3 on this. I can't remember if I had that before. Maybe I'll try to remove it and see what happens.
      I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

Comment

I'm betting a USB device is waking the PC.
        Check the power settings for USB controllers and/or devices to make sure the PC won't wake up when receiving a signal from a USB device.
        Also, go through he power settings in Control Panel to see if it is set to allow USB devices to wake the computer from sleep/hibernate.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

+1 ^^^ check the USB devices
          CarPc
          Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

Working...
          X