Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom post screen for dells

Hi all,

I found a program for dells that lets you change the bmp displayed during post. If you change both the bitmap in post and your windows xp bitmap to be the same thing you wont even seen a change between post and windows xp booting. The program is: http://baywolf.netfirms.com/splash/a02/spl-a02.zip (it is on the dell ftp also I just originally found it here).

All you have to do is create a 16color bitmap file 640x480res and save it on your floppy disk that you will create using that program. When you boot from floppy it will start ms-dos and you will need to type:

splash "name of file"

Replace "name of file", with your filenamed of course. And you are good to go! Hope this helps some people. I ran it on my dell c400 latitude laptop and it worked perfectly. l Sorry I do not know what other dells it will run on. Enjoy.

too bad i dont have a floppy drive .

Comment

no floppy here either, but this would be cool if there's a work around...... any ideas????
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

burn it on a cd and boot off of that?

Comment

but the cd would have to be bootable to dos? how would that be done?

Comment

that's easy!!

http://www.bootdisk.com/
            scroll down to bootable cd.
            You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
              but the cd would have to be bootable to dos? how would that be done?
              Did you receive the ISO I emailed? Did it work for you?
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

got it darque, thanks..... I haven't done it yet though for 3 reasons, 1 my bootable drive is in my laptop which is not accessable when bolted in.... gotta drop it down for that or play with treying to boot off usb maybe, 2 my screen is sideways, so I have to do some photoshop work to have something ready for this & 3, I'm pretty lazy at the moment, which is also why I just asked how to do this here instead of searching & downloading it myself

thanks again for the ISO, I'll play with this soon..... btw I really like that chopped up shuttle your building... good luck with it....

Comment

Working...
                X