Question for Windows gurus - how to enable "EQ" with VT1616 audio codec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Windows gurus - how to enable "EQ" with VT1616 audio codec

Does anyone know how to enable basic bass and trebble controls in volume control applet of WindowsXP with VIA Six-TRAC (VT1616) auido codec drivers (http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/dr...de_v590b.zip)? Unlike the with Realtec codec drivers, bass and trebble controls remain grayed out and there is no add-on utility (or control pannel applet) to change sound properties. There must be a way how to enable these controls!
    Attached Files

what - NO REPLIES? Suckers.

Comment

change your sound card.
      Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
      Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaICE
        There must be a way how to enable these controls!
        Depends on the drivers. Probably they dont support it, or anything like it. Thou you can get software equalisers like VolumeLogic http://www.octiv.com/index.asp?conte...&version=1.200
        My carputer

Old one

Comment

Good question - I noticed this on my M10000.

RR allows the controls to go up and down but it made no difference to the sound, seems Via doesnt want us to have bass and treble controls.

Comment

Upgrade your drivers.
            If that doesnt support it then upgrade your sound card.

Comment

Some sound cards support the Bass and Treble adjustments and some dont. Most all of Creative Soundlabs (Sound Blaster) cards support this. Most major brand manufacturers lower end computers dont support this. If you are seeing the Bass and Treble sliders but are unavailable, then the sound card is probably a value version of a better card that supports it. In programming the mixer in Mobile Impact, I found this to be consistent. There are no drivers or software/firmware upgrades. Changing the Bass and Treble is a function of the processor chip on the card and as I said before if you see the sliders but they are unavailable then most likely the card is a downgraded version of a card that supports it. The soundblaster pci cards support Bass and Treble adjustments and are very inexpensive these days.
              Mobile Impact
              Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
              http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

The problem here is that most of us don't have room for a PCI card (ITX systems).

Like my PCI slot is been use by my TV tunner card.

Thanatos.
                RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Latest drivers from Via have a full EQ facility

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...0&SubCatID=105

Comment

Are you kidding Seth? Gotta download them right now.

EDIT: Are you sure? I have ownloaded 6.00a be4, installed them via ".INF" file from WDM folder (I am not usin installer wherever I can to save some space) and I got no bass and trebble sliders available.

Comment

Using the .INF installation method usually installs only the base WDM driver. You should install the driver package using the installer .exe which deploys the full driver (including support apps, one of which is the VIA audio panel with EQ and other goodies).

Look here . It should be something like that.

Comment

hmm... even beeing in doubt of this I tried what you sugested and found no difference. Still no EQ. Are you sure you have them enabled? If yes, could you list your full HW/SW config?

Comment

Same here, I used the installer.exe and I still have non-operative bass and treble controls with the 600a drivers.

Sure its added vias vinyl deck (thats almost useless) but it didnt activate any more or less EQ than I had before on the bass/treble controls, they are still grayed out like the picture in the first post.

Comment

also tried the 620b Via drivers as well as the Realtek A376a reference drivers tonight and still they are greyed out- The only conclusion ive got is maybe the equaliser is supposed to be in place of them?

Comment

To enable (sort of) EQ.

Instead of relying on the one that is provided with the sound card, use what is called a "post processing" filter...the best one I've seen is FFDShow filter...lets you do ALL KINDS of funky stuff with the sound output.

Comment

Working...
                              X