Complete smallest ISO?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete smallest ISO?????

i have read some threads saying that they have sucessfully make the window footprint down to 280MB, but i cant find it again. i use nlite and my ISO is 90MB and installed is about 374MB (without pagefile.sys though). can anyone help me how to get this small, or can anyone post/share their complate ISO to http://share.de. thanks in advance

Search for mp3car.com for minlogon. Then search nLiteos forums. Learn about WMI stuff. Noone will give you "an ISO" since its an act of piracy.

Comment

although it would be nice to have an ISO that had options for front ends and GPS solutions... (DVD iso most likely). I had trouble getting any of my nlited installs to work.
      Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

you seem like you never used downloaded iso before...

Comment

You have to remove things after installation to get a small image, my XP install is 198Meg before apps.

Comment

"Gobby" is your version of window stable? and how do i removes more things that i do not need such there is still services and stuff like that. what else to remove to get down to that size. do you mind to share you works? i really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

BL

Comment

I'm about to redo the install again so it will be changing. The install is stable, in fact, its more stable than my laptop. I testing at the moment to get the memory overhead as low as possible and will also be converting to Compactflash booting.

Comment

would you mind to share you iso though?

Comment

im installing mine on my VM, try to work with it, but i don really know what to removes.......lol.....and what is your plan (how) to install it on CF? there is thread talking about i follow it, it doesnt seem to work, i think im missing something....not a first time....

Comment

Look here. Start with an Nlited install that you know works for you and then start removing files, actually, don't delete them, just move them to a temporary location. If something breaks move the file to it's original location. Bit of a pain, but I was able to get down to under 200 meg.
                    Carputer installed!!!
                    Nlited XP+Minlogon, EpiaM10k, 512mb, Seagate 40 gig 2.5" HD, FM Dlink usb radio, DWL122 USB Wifi, XMD1000 tuner, PT5071 6 amp regulator, Xenarc 700TSV, and 1 ikea key box.

Comment

you don't need to share ISO's, just share the setup files that nLite modifies.
                      EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
                      Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                      OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
                      Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
                      BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
                      VoomPC 2

Comment

surely using an downloaded ISO insn't illegal if you have an xp license and don't use the oem setup disk
                        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by SFiorito
                          you don't need to share ISO's, just share the setup files that nLite modifies.
                          i already done with the nlite part. thanks for your susgestion though

Comment

Do a torrent search for "Xp stripped to the bone" install is not the smallest (about 300meg) but is very stable, been using it daily for about 4 months now and know others who also use it.
                            Up and running in the car 95% .

www.mycarputer.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by UKStormer
                              Do a torrent search for "Xp stripped to the bone" install is not the smallest (about 300meg) but is very stable, been using it daily for about 4 months now and know others who also use it.
                              there are more than one version of it, how big is the iso, there are 3 that i found: 153,154,155MB. if this is what you talking about then my version if better, my version is only 90.1MB but after installed it about 400MB<mine<300MB. im not every sure! Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Working...
                              X