Resume from hibernation time on CF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume from hibernation time on CF?

Whats the resume time like using a CF card as the boot device?

Im looking for the fastest resume time possible

Also, I know the Opus has a slight power on delay time. What DC-DC PSUs dont have this delay?
    2004 G35 Coupe project

I also wanted to know this. I want to add to the question (if you don't mind):
    Is it worth it to have hibernation with a CF (size VS speed) or the speed won't differ much??

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
    CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
    Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

I was thinking the same before i bought my stuff..
      I googled and searched on this forum and come up with this:

I have a Serial ATA 5400 RPM 80 gig and its very fast and stabile it does its job very well in the car.

I live in Sweden and have about -15Cº in the winter as normaly temp and it works good.

The Only interrest in a CF is that its not that Temperature sensitive.
      Ive heard its "populare" in Canada sence its very very cold there in winter.

The negative is that the CF Dont have 100% Read correction.. it loses some info in every 10 000 reads or something.. and thats not good in Operative system.. It might work anyway in most cases but i prefer an ordernary Harddrive =)
      80 GIG SATA
      512MB
      7 TFT Touch Super
      Pioner Slot in DVD-RW writer
      108 Mbit Wireless Lan
      100 M Bluetooth Range
      //Power Nisse

My Betasite -> http://haagen.se

Comment

I understand that unless it's a fast CF card, and apparently they vary enormously, the read time is behind a 2.5" HDD @ around 12Gb per sec. The main advantages of CF are size, power consumption and no moving parts. Speed is a negative.
        The best way to reduce hibernation time is to use less RAM, 256 instead of 512.
        www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

Working...
        X