X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hibernating in tinyxp

i've installed a version of tinyxp
    my cold boot is like 30 secs, no less then my normal xp install
    i was wondering that maybe because of the low use of ram, hibernating would be faster.
    but how do i make tinyxp hibernate?

ok i did some searchin and found this, let me know if this works..

I checked my desktop and was actually able to get to the hibernation/standby/power options on my laptop, with TinyXP. Just goto Start -> Run, and type

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL powercfg.cpl,,

TYPE ALL THAT IN THE RUN BOX AS ONE LINE
    then hit OK. Should bring up the window with the options.

If you enable hibernation and it does NOT appear when you look at the shutdown list, try holding down shift. For me it only shows Standby, Shutdown, Restart, if i hold shift it replaces Standby with Hibernate.
    [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
    [iGmon]
    Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

rie, just update your video drivers and u should get the hibernation tab back
      [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
      [iGmon]
      Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Hold down shift at the Turn Off menu

Comment

Originally posted by @rie
          i was wondering that maybe because of the low use of ram, hibernating would be faster.
          Wrong. Hibernation writes the entire contents of RAM to a file, which means zeroes if there is nothing in a particular block of memory at the time you hibernate.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i just ran camsngs command line and it worked perfect. The option for hibernation wasn't in control panel, power options. but after running that, it brought me into the same windows but the option was there!
            Even if I google it, the answer i find is usually from this board! thanks again mp3car community!

Comment

Working...
            X