Can't hibernate after transfer to CF card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't hibernate after transfer to CF card

I've just transferred my TinyXP install from a hard drive to the CF card and now the system won't hibernate. The CF disk comes up as removable media and is connected through this. The system boots fine I just can't hibernate so I can set the HORM. Is it because they system sees the CF as removable media and how do I fix that?
    Thanks

What CF card are you running? XP cannot use standby or hibernate on removable drives. If it's a SanDisk ExtremeI or UltraII you can use the fixed disk utility to set it to a fixed drive. If it's not one of those cards you can try to use the Hitachi Fixed Drive filter driver to "fool" XP into thinking the drive is fixed, but it probably still won't work. I tried using it on my ExtremeIII but standby and hibernate still wouldn't work.
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

Originally posted by SFiorito
      What CF card are you running? XP cannot use standby or hibernate on removable drives. If it's a SanDisk ExtremeI or UltraII you can use the fixed disk utility to set it to a fixed drive. If it's not one of those cards you can try to use the Hitachi Fixed Drive filter driver to "fool" XP into thinking the drive is fixed, but it probably still won't work. I tried using it on my ExtremeIII but standby and hibernate still wouldn't work.
      Its an UltraII. I was under the impression that the adapter I was using would make the drive a fixed drive. Where do I get the fixed disk utility?

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread but it seems I have a similar problem. Although my CF card is showing as a fixed hard disk. The install worked on a hard drive, but now hibernation is not possible after copying the files to my CF. It goes into hibernation suspiciously quickly, and when i turn the machine back on it does a normal boot instead of a resume
        306 CarPC
        • Fibreglassed lcd installed into dash
        • Griffin PowerMate
        • epia 800 512mb sdram
        • MediaEngine
        • MapMonkey

Comment

Working...
        X