Can't install xp on my laptop HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install xp on my laptop HD

so I have it hooked up to my main computer with an adapter, I managed to delete all partitions and now I'm trying to create a new partition where windows xp will be installed, anyways I click partition... and it doesn't do anything, it just goes back to the previous screen where I click partition.

its happened in 2 different laptop HDs. what gives? I think it has something to do with my bios, because my laptop size is wrong on both disks, they are suppose to be 20gigs and it only says 7000 mb.

Are you using the partition option during the XP setup? It does sound odd that the sizes aren't correct. You do want to check the BIOS settings. Have you done that yet?

Also, what kind of adapter? Is this an ATAPI (IDE or SATA) adapter, or some type of SCSI or USB adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by guest
      Are you using the partition option during the XP setup? It does sound odd that the sizes aren't correct. You do want to check the BIOS settings. Have you done that yet?

Also, what kind of adapter? Is this an ATAPI (IDE or SATA) adapter, or some type of SCSI or USB adapter?
      its an IDE, I am using hte partition option, its says press enter to create... and it doesnt do anything.

I really don't know what to check for in the bios

Comment

Working...
      X