Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny XP-XP Optimization AUTOMATION

O.K.,

I have seen a bunch of posts regarding Tiny XP, Beast Edition, etc.

When I started looking into Tiny XP, I found a post by the author of Tiny XP. Basically, he created an Auti It script, that first looks at a file. The file contains a list of the Windows Items you want to remove. You then put your Windows CD in your computer, and execute the Script, and it creates a stripped down ISO.

Yes, this is probably just like using NLite or something like that, but this is what I used. Also, the programs are not protected by Copyright, so using it violates no laws, and since you use your copy of XP to strip, there is no Copyright problems as well.

This is the solution to all those who want to use Tiny XP, but need to leave in USB, or BT, or Networking support, or whatever services you need for your particular setup.

The file has an instruction "manual" with it, so I don't really need to explain how to use it. Also, I WILL NOT GIVE ANY SUPPORT FOR THIS PROGRAM. I am just providing it for people who want to try it. I didn't write this program, or know anything more then I read in the instruction manual.

If anyone can host it, let me know. My hosting recently went haywire. Otherwise, PM me with your E-Mail address capable of accepting large files, I will e-mail it to you.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

i can host it, send me a PM with your wanted user and pass and i'll set you up with an ftp acct in my server, then just upload it
    Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Comment

Thanks Injector.

Anyone and everyone, you can DL the information and files from here--

ftp://rrskins.dynu.com/tinyxp/TinyXP.zip

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

allright guys i've been looking at the ftp logs and it looks like there's a problem accessing the tinyxp folder, so i just copied the tinyxp zip to the main folder, if the above links doesen't work try this link

ftp://rrskins.dynu.com
        Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Comment

This link should work:

www.theendlessloop.com/download/TinyXP.zip

-The Endless Loop-

Comment

Now that script was pretty cool... Fast also!... It says like 15 minutes on a fast machine, I definately wouldn't think it took over 10, and I am not exactly "current" anymore.

I though the file hosted was wrong at first as you said "Otherwise, PM me with your E-Mail address capable of accepting large files..." I wouldn't call 110kb exactly large, but it certainly was the right one, and after trying it out it seems to have worked great.

Thanks

Comment

Also what version of Tiny Xp is this?... Beast edition, Rev04, or I have heard of a Rev05.
              I don't see anything in the files provided, and the forum for tinyXp allows you to do very little when you are a new member

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by TheEndlessLoop View Post
                This link should work:

www.theendlessloop.com/download/TinyXP.zip

-The Endless Loop-
                You do realize you have a CD key in that zip file?
                2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

I just uploaded the file for Wiredwrx... so i dont know if that is his CD key?

-The Endless Loop-

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3 View Post
                    just replace that cd key with your own
                    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3 View Post
                      I believe that is a "SAMPLE" cd key. It aint mine, since that was the file as I DL'd it from the site.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by bungee91 View Post
                        Also what version of Tiny Xp is this?... Beast edition, Rev04, or I have heard of a Rev05.
                        I don't see anything in the files provided, and the forum for tinyXp allows you to do very little when you are a new member

Thanks again
                        It is none of those, and all of those.

Basically, the programer of Tiny XP, REV x, Beast, used this process to create the stripped down versions of the OS. He just changed the included services depending on what was being requested.

In your case, you are creating Tiny-XP Bungee edition, because you are creating it based on what you need.

Michael

Comment

I havent tried this as of yet, but doesnt this do the same as Nlite does? Any advantages of this over nlite?
                          2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                          OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Did you read the first post? Did you notice what said about Nlite? I have never used Nlite so I have no idea what the differences are, and/or if one is better then the other.

MAYBE someone will chime in, but I have no answer for you.

Michael

Comment

Yes I know what you said about Nlite, but I was asking is it customizable like Nlite is. The reasom I ask is..How do I know whats being removed and or will I loose any functionality? Problems installing some programs that may say Im missing some component? I already cut my XP down through Nlite, but was curious if this was any better.

How big is the install?
                              2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Working...
                              X