Beast Xp and RoadRunner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast Xp and RoadRunner?

Hi all,I currently have RR installed on my Carpc running standard Xp Pro,with no problems whatsoever.
    The system cold boots in about 15 seconds (1.8Ghz P4).

At the moment i'm happy with it but a little speed never hurt anyone,or did it?

These are the functions of RR i currently use,

Audio (via Winamp)
    Video (MPC)
    Gps (destinator 5,Pn,Nd) (Requires many MFC Dll's)
    Web (internet Explorer) (com cable connection,BT,WiFi)
    Phone (RRM still in development) (VB6 Based)
    Weather (XML Update Via WeatherChannel.com)
    Several Flash Based Plugins includind a flash based RR skin.

So on to the point of all this, I'm too scared to install Beast Xp and upset the whole lot.
    Is there anyone here running RR and using similar functions on Any version of Tiny without problems in these specific areas??

What about security? Is this safe for a web connection?

I'd appreciate any advice at all,if you have a horror story,lets hear it.
    If i'm just being a pussy you can tell me that too.lol

Thanks
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

goto google and look up virtual machines, or just use vmware, it emulates a computer inside you running windows, basically it allows you to intall windows inside of windows without disturbing your current windows, that way you experiment with it yourself
    Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Comment

Thats a great idea,thanks.
      P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

I recommend looking through this. I'm curious about it myself. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/arch...p/t-86114.html

My system is starting in 40 seconds. How'd you get your's so low. I've changed many unneccessary things in bios, deleted prefetch folder contents, and I'm running a 1.4 amd althon with a gig of ram.

1996 Accord Ex Carputer

Soon to come 2008 WRX 5-door Mac-carputer.

Comment

This question is almost impossible to answer because every system is different, and everyone uses RR differently, and with different programs and plug ins.

Try the VM ware route, or get a seocnd machine, and test it out. You could go through all the versions of Tiny XP, and see which ones work for you, or you can try and create one yourself (as suggested above using the information in my post that was linked above)

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I actually installed beast xp and i couldnt get some apps to run. i'm now running tiny xp and it rocks.....
            ...you know, that guy...

Comment

if your cold booting in 15 seconds i wouldnt touch it!!

resume from hibernate must be what 5 seconds??

I am currently building a new system based on a p4 1.8 - hope its as fast as yours!

Comment

I run RR 9-18-2006, iGuidance 3.0, winamp, divx, dvd's and then some on beast XP. No problems what so ever. Beast is a VERY fast OS. The printing and networking is stripped from it.
                Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

has it got wifi and bluetooth support?

Comment

i had loads of problems with tiny xp, hardley anything would work, switched to 2fastXP and not had a single problem.
                    Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
                    PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
                    Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

Comment

and you use what features for your car pc.

bluetooth/phoco/gps/dvd/divx/mp3?

and were to find 2fastxp?

Comment

Originally posted by AznRida View Post
                        I recommend looking through this. I'm curious about it myself. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/arch...p/t-86114.html

My system is starting in 40 seconds. How'd you get your's so low. I've changed many unneccessary things in bios, deleted prefetch folder contents, and I'm running a 1.4 amd althon with a gig of ram.
                        you deleted prefetch files and expected the computer to run faster ... HAHAHA - sorry not flaming you but prefetch files are there to make the computer run faster.

also can someone please put their brain into gear. someone please tell me why computers run/boot so slowly. two things. DATA PATH and DRIVE SPINDLE SPEED. do some research and get your pc to boot in 5 seconds flat.

my home pc boots in 30 (mind you i have soo many apps which load at startup it isnt funny). but before i installed everything i was getting preety much instant starts. and i aint using anything fancy.

if someone wants to learn catch me on msn - blakeburgess[spam]at[morespam]msn[spam]dot[morespam]com

Comment

Working...
                        X