devcon blue screens upon resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devcon blue screens upon resume

Hi, I am trying to make the hiberation function work to reduce boot time. I am having devcon disable all items in the USB class when I hit hibernation, and enable all items in the USB class upon the resume. My batch files are working properly and it is disabling them and enabling them accordingly. When I try to resume, I hear windows recognizing the hardware and then it BSODs. It says something like driver failed to unload. Has anyone had this probem before? I was going to try to see which one it is hanging up on, but I was wondering if someone had similar problems. I'll post moe details later. Thanks.

-Elliot
    2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
    Current CarPC Expenses

Running your scripts with hibernation trigger will make your hibernate / resume slower

Firstly to run the scripts on hibernate, there is a timeout of i think 2-3 seconds....then the script runs... also have you tried plugging in 8 usb items all at the same time... some are not going to be detected...

Unless your script has some sleep function (wait funtion) between usb devices, this is going to slow down your hibernate / resume, and I would say also make it less reliable.

Only disconnect the devices that are actually causing slow / problem resumes or hibernates.

Comment

I am using roadrunner's suspend and resume states to trigger my scripts to run. There is no sleep function between usb devices, it will enable the first, then proceed to the second, etc...

The USB devices I am using are:
      Lilliput 629GL TS
      Griffin Powermate
      BU-353 GPS
      ATI RW2 Remote

I wanted the script to be as general as possible so I can add more usb peripherals later without having to change it.
      Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

bump
        Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Working...
        X