No announcement yet.

Can't disable EWF with CF

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't disable EWF with CF

Okay so I finally got my ExtremeIII CF to boot Windows. YAY (although it's no 10 second boot, sigh slow BIOS). I turned on EWF to protect the volume. Now I want to make a couple changes, so I hit "ewfmgr c: disableandcommit -live" and it hangs. Any solutions for this?

The command is: ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable -live

Not sure why it's hanging though....
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Yeah that's it, I have the enable and disable in bat files on my desktop, so I don't really remember what the syntax is.

Does ewf care if it's set to a fixed drive or whatever?

If you have made a lot of changes to the protected volume the command does not hang, it takes a few minutes to complete. Be patient, or turn off EWF before making changes, make your changes, then re-enable it. I once sent that command after updated a ton of stuff and it sat there for 3 minutes before it wrote all the changes from ram to flash.
        Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) -

Can I turn it off, make changes, and then re-enable, then reboot and have everything changed? I'll give this a try, thanks! I've been using EWF on my hard drive for the past few months and haven't ever had it take longer than a blink of an eye.

I've let it sit for 20 minutes, no dice. Looks like I'll have to redeploy.