WINXP Blue screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINXP Blue screen?

This is fun but also soooo frustrating sometimes...
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
    This is fun but also soooo frustrating sometimes...
    I was testing if i could post from work so i just wrote a few lines. It worked but for some reason i can't edit the post

Anyway, i was venting about a problem i have with winxp. About a week ago i damaged my lilli 619 while trying to figure-out why the touchscreen stop working; i had power applied (like a dummy) and accidentally touch something on the circut board and it started smoking and the computer shutdown. It never powered back up. The computer did comeback on and it sounded like every hting was ok, even tho' i could'n see it boot.

I upgraded to a 889GL monitor to replace the 619 and tested it on my desktop where all went fine, no problems UNTIL i wen to install it in the dash - the video cable from the 619 running to the dash is not compatible with the 889 (it und-up in a male-to-male connection) so i had to pull out the 619 cable and replace it with the one that came with the 889 BUT FIRST, that required me to remove the bench seat out of the truck in order to get under the carpet.

All of that while the wife is watching with those "you're spending to much time on that thing and if you don't give me more attention i'll get it somewhere else" eyes..

Anyway, the most frustrating part is that now i only get a blue screen whe the computer boot-up. I can see the BIOS boot and the message from windows coming out of hybernation (which was the last state it was in when the old monitor blew-up) but all that shows-up on the monitor in a big blank blue screen, no desktop, no icons, no task bar - nothing.

I suspect it's winxp acting-up cause i can see the hybernation messages, but i don't know how to shock it back to life. I'll probably have to give my wife some money to go shopping so i can have some time to troubleshoot undisturbed

Sorry for the vague post at the beginning and thanks for listening - I'm just venting - It gets frustrating sometimes...
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    Windows XP SP3

Comment

Sounds like the easiest thing to try is to reload/reinstall XP...like I am doing now ........or kick it
      AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
      "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick View Post
        Sounds like the easiest thing to try is to reload/reinstall XP...like I am doing now ........or kick it
        i second those two options, it usually what i do, kick it, and then reinstall. ive had it happen a couple times (not the whole smokin pc part, but windows sucking and needing to be reinstalled) last time, i was 200 miles from home, but i happen to carry an XP disk, and a disk with all my drivers in my glovebox for cases just like that.

david

Comment

try this while windows says "now resuming from hibernation" kill the power to the pc, this will cause windows to use the original boot.ini line and not the hirbernation state, this happened to me aswell, well not as complicated as yours but windows would not load because the hibernation image was corrupted, if that doesn't work, you can always use the recovery console in the windows xp install disk to restore a good boot.ini file, or an mbr sector.
          Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Comment

Thanks guys, it was indeed a currupt XP. I had a good mind to kick it around but glad i didn't. I managed to bring it back to life with the recovery console. All is well now.

I did cost me some "shopping money" tho'
            OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
            M2-ATX Power Supply
            Windows XP SP3

Comment

Working...
            X