No announcement yet.

remove xp pro grey boot up status bar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove xp pro grey boot up status bar?

well my xp home cd finaly got too scratched up to use so went ahead and installed pro...used the noguiboot command to get rid of the boot screen but do not want that grey bar to shoot across the screen...i just want black until centrafuse starts up...anyone know a way to remove this?
    1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

could get a boot splash editor and just make everything in the splash black...

EDIT: Hmm... just tried this with a new dell laptop I'm workin on, I see no grey bar. Are you all service packed up? I just get a black screen with nothing at all til windows GUI starts with the noguiboot option.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Yea sp2...i just tried xp home with sp2 and it has that bar too...

Comment

Weird, I'll have to try it on a non-branded machine to see if maybe therein lies the difference.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

That grey bar should only ever appear when (a) resuming from hibernate (b) first time ever booting (c) there was a system critical error just before boot

Are you saying it happens on a cold boot when all is well?
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

it was coming up every boot with pro...switched to home with sp2 and it only comes up after making a change on the system...was reinstalling all my software and transfering my music so it had to update a few times..its all good now..thanks for the reply..

Comment

Working...
            X