• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP and hardware support

I have something wrong in Car PC XP
    it cannot detect Ipod and Internet mobile USB
    both are working fine on my laptop.

For th internet USB , software is installed run but it can not detect the network.
    For the ipod , when plug it appears for seconds and then disappears.

what do I have to do?

Details, man...
    Details...

Your post lacks them.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      Details, man...
      Details...

Your post lacks them.
      OK laptop is Compaq nx7400 with windows XP SP3
      Car PC is
      CarTFT CFT700-H
      Creative Xmod Sound card
      VoomPC-2
      M2-ATX
      Jetway 7F2WE-1G5-OC
      1 GB RAM
      40 GB HDD

With Windows XP SP3 (XP black Edition)

What else do I have to say?

Comment

System specs are a start...
        But there's still very little to go on that could aid in troubleshooting.
        What have you tried and what were the results?

For the wireles NIC, what sort of wireless network are you trying to connect to?
        Is it encrypted? If so, what method?
        Are you using Windows stack or the software that came with the NIC?
        Are you using drivers from teh CD or did you download newer drivers?

There are lots of details you're missing.
        And frankly, an internet forum is a lousy means of troubleshooting anything but the simplest of network problems.

What is XP Black Edition? Is that a stripped-out variant like TinyXP? Have you tried using the network adapter with a full-on install of XP instead?
        The same goes for the iPod.
        If you want to use the iPod as a portable HDD, it should show up as a removable HDD in My Computer. Does it?
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

for internet , it's Vodafone internet USB it's Hawawy hardware.
          In laptop , I simply plug it and install the software included in it.

Black edition is XP version customized by NLite , I think it misses something but I don't know what exatly.

Yes for Ipod , it appears as removable HDD for seconds then disappears again

Comment

I think the problem is likely related to your stripped-out XP variant.

I suggest loading up a complete install of XP and I bet you have all your functionality.
            Once everything works, you can use some tools to determine what parts of Windoze are necessary to use your hardware, and begin the stripping down process.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Heh, what do you think one of the things they strip out to make windows smaller is besides drivers and device support?
              "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
              RevFE
              My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                Heh, what do you think one of the things they strip out to make windows smaller is besides drivers and device support?
                They strip out a lot more than just help files and that stupid CLOCK.AVI...
                How about the Wiki?

Comment

XP is very heavy for car pc , lite versions are fine but I think I have to customize one myself or find one made for Car PC.

I know it's something wrong in that Black Edition , I wanted to know what to install instead of re-installing the whole windows , drivers and apps

Comment

Reinstall a full version of windows, or make your own "lite" version if you truly believe it actually helps which contains the stuff you need.
                    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                    RevFE
                    My Shop

Comment

Well, reloading windows would be a good place to start. This way you'd know if it was hardware or software that's giving you the trouble in the first place. It's hard to troubleshoot a problem like this when you're running a stripped version of XP.
                      Tidder

Try RevFE
                      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by HNaga View Post
                        XP is very heavy for car pc , lite versions are fine but I think I have to customize one myself or find one made for Car PC.
                        How fine can they be if they don't have the functionality you need?

Honestly, unless you're trying to squeeze an XP install onto a small flash drive or something, there is no reason NOT to use a full install. Turn off services you don't use to boost your performance and call it a day.

I know it's something wrong in that Black Edition , I wanted to know what to install instead of re-installing the whole windows , drivers and apps
                        It's impossible to diagnose that on an internet forum.
                        And unless you know what all the services and features of Windows do in relation to your hardware, you need to load a full version of XP and figure it out.
                        How about the Wiki?

Comment

Thanks m8s

Comment

after some tries , I found the problem
                            It's the number of USB devices I installed in the car
                            I have 2 powered and 2 unpowered USB ports
                            the Touch screen is connected to the first powered one
                            in the second there is 7 port hub for bluetooth , GBS , mobile internet , sound card
                            I unlpugged all and connected Ipod , i worked fine but when I started plug them one by one , IPod disconnected again.

How to power the hub in the car?

Comment

Working...
                            X