X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWF+HORM - unprotected partition

Hi!

I have EWF+HORM in my pc, but I have a problem, I hope in your help:
    my Hard disk have two partitions, I installed EWF+HORM on primary partition and work perfectly, but if I make changes in the unprotected secondary partition (example new file ), this not are present in the next boot, which are the problem?

Thanks!

Are you sure your second partition is not protected? Are you shutting down cleanly or hibernating?

If you're using HORM then you need to unmount your non-EWF partitions before hibernating. See here for how to do it using diskpart: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...7-d3940b370b50

Or here for doing it programmatically: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa460084.aspx

I used to have a CLI tool to do this. Might still be available on the forums I think I posted it years ago.
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

Hi Silvio, thanks for your answer...
      The secondary partition (D) not is protected, the ArcName is only:
      multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)

I shutdown my pc simply unplug the power ac and reboot it always with the same image, work fine!
      I try the software diskpart.exe to modify file in my unprotected secondary partition, but if not work it i want protected the secondary partition with ewf+horm, which are the procedure for do it?

I must add the info:
      multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2) ?
      The volume (0) is the same...

Thanks!

Comment

If you just pull the AC power then the write cache probably has not had a chance to flush to disk. So you could either disable write caching (check disk properties in device management), cleanly shutdown/reboot, or unmount the drive using diskpart as in the article above.
        EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
        Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
        OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
        Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
        BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
        VoomPC 2

Comment

Hi Sfiorito, yes i unplug the Ac power to shutdown pc...
          I tried the software diskpart for write in secondary partition:
          http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...7-d3940b370b50
          but not work fine, if i want shutdown the pc unpluging the AC power the changes in secondary partition not there are present, the changes there are only if i hibernates the system again...
          you are sure that this diskpart work fine?

If this diskpart not work fine i must disable write caching for not damage the file system of the volume?

Last info:
          [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ EWF \ Parameters \ Protected \ Volume0]
          "Type" = dword: 00000001
          "ArcName" = "multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1)"

With this information in registry i protect only primary partition of volume0, but if i want protect directly all volume0 with all partition, which are the correct arcname?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X