Minlogon and now no plug and play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minlogon and now no plug and play

Okay, I nLited my Windows XP SP2 installation removing as much as I could, and i got it down to about 300MB. Well, I installed it and then installed minlogon and now my plug and play doesn't work. It works fine now that I reverted back to winlogon.

Any ideas?

No one has any idea?

Comment

Revert back to Minlogon and try it again.
      Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
      Via EPIA MII
      512MB RAM
      OEM GPS (embedded)
      nLite WinXP pro on
      1GB Extreme III CF card
      Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
      Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

Well, it seems to discover my WLAN adapter (which I have drivers for installed), but it will not detect new hardware.

Comment

What new hardware are you trying to install, you gotta be careful with nLite as well make sure you have drivers slipstreamed with nlite for all your hardware before hand..
          Via EPIA MII
          512MB RAM
          OEM GPS (embedded)
          nLite WinXP pro on
          1GB Extreme III CF card

Comment

Well, I'd just like for it to detect new hardware and ask for the drivers. I'm just trying with different USB devices I have...

Comment

That's not a minlogon thing. Check your nlite settings. There's actually a registry setting (or a service I think Shell Hardware Detection) for this. I'm at the Frankfurt airport waiting for a connecting flight so I can't really look up my notes right now, but I'm pretty sure it's not a minlogon thing.
              EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
              Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
              OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
              Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
              BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
              VoomPC 2

Comment

Its definitelly generic nLite problem. And I thought I am the only one so I did not report it in nLite forum. Sometimes, my USB flashdisk (correctly recognised, detected and working before on same OS) does not get detected and I see an "USB hub" icon in systray instead nof "Safely remove device" icon. No matter how many times I unplug and plug it again, it never gets detected properly until I reboot system. Then it most likely works correctly for some time. It also has to be said mentioned flashdisk works fawlessly on same development computer with unstripped WinXP of same version with same drivers etc.

Comment

Also, check out which services you removed with nlite.. then, look them up @ blackviper.com to see what they do.. (or atleast, did..)

Comment

It has nothing to do with services...

Comment

Whay version of nlite did you use? There was a usb problem with the early .99.5 betas.
                      Wayne

Comment

I don't know if this is relevant or not but, I've got a USB device (San Disk Cruzer flash memmory device) that is rarely detected properly on almost any machine... until I reboot the machine... I use this device as a "toolbox" for software when I'm trouble shooting a machine or what not..
                        Via EPIA MII
                        512MB RAM
                        OEM GPS (embedded)
                        nLite WinXP pro on
                        1GB Extreme III CF card

Comment

I have this problem. I was originally using Nlite+Minlogon but centrafuse wouldn't embed apps with it... Seems to be a common problem, veetid said he won't fix it for nlite users.

Well so I did a standard XP installed, and now used minlogon on that.

Won't detect new hardware!
                          Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                          Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

im reverting back to winlogon because of the autherisation problem with the widcom blue tooth software, theres to many cons with minilogon over winlogon
                            CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

When I first read about minilogon I thought it was one of the best Windows XP hacks out. I installed it on three customers systems and immediatly ran into really strange problems. Here is what I was able to determine.

Nlite'd install of Windows XP with SP2

Four identical systems are setup. One acting as a wireless basestation with no need for boot optmization so once XP was installed it was left alone.

I ran bootvis and did the minilogon hack on the other three. I lost the ability to plug in any USB Hard drive. USB CD-Roms and my USB mouse worked fine but all three systems would not regonise any of my three USB Drives. I was unable to browse computers or shared folders in network neighbourhood. I could share a folder on the minilogon systems and then from the unmodified base station view the shares.

I ended up just reinstalling XP and not applying the minilogon hack, every thing works ok now.
                              Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                              http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

Working...
                              X