Shutdown freezes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown freezes

Okay, I nlited my XP SP2, and I am now using minlogon.

I can do hibernation just fine. Although, most of the time when I try to restart or shutdown, everything will close, and Windows will just freeze with the wallpaper showing. The keyboard doesn't work, so I can't open up taskman to try to restart again. It's a big pain in the *** to have to open up the trunk, open the case, and then pull the power.

The strange thing is, though, that I can sometimes shutdown without problems.

I went through a guide last night for shutdown troubleshooting and nothing helped (I can't remember the address).

Any ideas?

Does it happen when other programs are running, meaning do ya have programs running when ya shut down? do ya think it could be a lack of 12v from the battery?
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

All I had open was Frodoplayer, I think. And I doubt that it's the battery...

Comment

i dont think its frodoplayer. I have the itps and pw-70A, and mine does it sometimes too. Mostly when i have a few large apps open. Im thinking it may be a power issue. I have had it freeze when i turn on the whippers and fan on high. So now i have to do things in the truck slowly not to suck up to much power. Im thinking that when i turn off my truck that my battery is not giving enough power for my shutdown or for the harddrive. I dont know...
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Well, it worked fine before I reinstalled Windows, so I'm thinking it's either minlogon or I nLited something I shouldn't have. I guess it could also be SP2, but I don't know.

Comment

Okay, I switched back to winlogon, and shutdown works fine. So what's the deal?

Comment

Working...
            X