Remove Taskbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Taskbar

I have now removed all visable traces of windows except for the taskbar.
    Does anyone know how to totally remove it? Ive checked this forum and other groups but cannot find a way of totally removing it!!!

You can use a shell replacement so you no longer use explorer and modifiy it to the way you want. I pretty sure you can make it not show the taskbar.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

You probably already know this but you can set the "auto-hide" feature on and the taskbar will disappear until you bump the edge of the screen where the taskbar is located.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
        You can use a shell replacement so you no longer use explorer and modifiy it to the way you want. I pretty sure you can make it not show the taskbar.
        Totally out of my league!!!!!! Was hoping of some sort of setting change in the registry. The only problem with auto hide is that on boot it displays the taskbar for a few seconds.

Comment

if its for a touchscreen setup, I would say like bugbite and suggest to set the autohide feature (right click on the start menu, select properties, go to taskbar, select autohide, click OK).

should do the trick.
          -Mars

Comment

If you want to completely hide Explorer, why not just use your frontend as the shell?
            EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
            Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
            OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
            Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
            BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
            VoomPC 2

Comment

Hi Garb-e

i just made it

it is very easy to use, toggles taskbar on and off, as you may want

It is written in VB. You can have the code

Cheers

Michael
              Attached Files

Comment

Garb-e

new version with check control to leave it as it is (hide or unhide) and exit button.

Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kollitiri
                  Hi Garb-e

i just made it

it is very easy to use, toggles taskbar on and off, as you may want

It is written in VB. You can have the code

Cheers

Michael
                  Thanks for the program and for the offer of having the code but if im honest with you I have no knowledge in programming at all.
                  Would it be possible to alter the programme, so that it will switch the taskbar off when it is run, without having the user to manually switch it off.

Thanks once again for your time in producing the programme, I have spent hours trying to find something like this.

Comment

What would you like to do?

Please explain it to me and I will try to do it!

Do you want to different programs, one for on and one for off??

Michael

Comment

In an ideal world on bootup i dont want to see the task bar at all. Its then not necessary for me to view it again, but if its easy enough for you to produce a prog to turn it back on again it would be received greatfully.

Thanks

Nathan

Maybee if you modified the second program to remember settings such that on startup it would automatically turn the taskbar off!!

Comment

I made two different programs

you can run them separetelly. Down Right you will see the status of the taskbar, for 3 seconds.

I hope this will help you

Michael
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again but its still not quite what im looking for. Im not sure if it is possible to do it this way. As stated before i dont want to see the taskbar on boot. When i apply the taskbar off prog to the registry to run on boot you still see the taskbar for a few seconds. I know its a small detail but I really want to remove it.

If you know a solution to the problem could you also remove the notification on the bottom right when its applied.

Before you say it... I know im a pain

Comment

Originally posted by SFiorito
                            If you want to completely hide Explorer, why not just use your frontend as the shell?
                            Sorry, i didnt see your post before. How do you go about doing that?

Comment

check the registry entry in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell
                              EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
                              Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                              OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
                              Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
                              BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
                              VoomPC 2

Comment

Working...
                              X