taskbar popups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taskbar popups

guys I have lot of pop-ups of that baloons in the taskbar in my winXP....it's very anyoiing ..ah by the way when my MapMonkeylauncher.exe starts(inside frodoplayer) the taskbar comes out...what can I do?..especially about the baloons
    In a world without Gates and Windows there are no fences or walls!!

Originally posted by forevertheuni
    t...what can I do?..especially about the baloons

needle ......

Comment

Looks like chun-lee needs an needle too.....I like the avatar
      My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

You could just disable the balloon tips....

How to disable balloon tips in Windows XP:
        http://support.microsoft.com/default...307729&sd=tech

Comment

If you have a lot of stuff in your taskbar that is booting when you load windows just do

start -> run -> msconfig -> click on startup tab and uncheck things you don't want.

the balloon idea is a good one too.
          Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

good information, saved for later use !

Comment

tnx for tip

tnx for the tip...the baloons that keep anoying me were the "Your computer is @ risk"....I ****ed of so many times
              In a world without Gates and Windows there are no fences or walls!!

Comment

Originally posted by forevertheuni
                tnx for the tip...the baloons that keep anoying me were the "Your computer is @ risk"....I ****ed of so many times
                thats from the Security Center and you can turn that one off by going to control panel/security center/change the way Security center alerts me I believe. don't remember for sure since i have it turned off Or install Antivirus. Which would solve that and maybe some other problems.

Comment

SP2? RUN -> CONTROL -> SECURITY CENTRE -> CHANGE THE WAY SECURITY CENTRE ALERTS ME -> DESELECT THEM ALL. You will no longer be warned about windows updates, inadequate firewall or antirus protection.
                  BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

I was two seconds too slow on my reply, sorry
                    BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Originally posted by redmage
                      I was two seconds too slow on my reply, sorry
                      Hahahah! I beat you! TimmyM 1 - Redmage 0!

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyM
                        Hahahah! I bet you! TimmyM 1 - Redmage 0!
                        hehe Redmage 100,000,000,000 TimmyM 1

Comment

Hi,

one of the programs to tweak windows xp is called "xp-AntiSpy". Itīs available
                          in serveral languages, here is the link for the english download.

http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?opti...sellang&iso=en

One of the features is to disable balloon tips, but.. check out all the others, its great.

- superbowl
                          ---
                          i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

Comment

Working...
                          X