CF fixed disk utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF fixed disk utility

Does anyone have the utility that tells a CF card that its a fixed disk drive? I believe its called atcfwchg.com

I've cant seem to run bootprep on my 1GB cf card. It keeps saying the drive is protected. I can fdisk and format it though. Anyone have this file? Thanks

what card do you have? I've run bootprep on removable drives before and I never got such an error. are you using a 40 conductor cable with your ide adapter?
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

I have a SanDisk Ultra II 1GB, using the CF slot built into my mobo, its using the slave position on the secondary IDE channel. Its a permission error of some kind. I can see the CF as if it were a fixed disk in DOS, but in windows is still shows as a removable drive. Is this correct?

Comment

yeah, it's just Windows that has the issue with fixed vs removable. what letter does your drive get assigned? whichever that is, that's what you need to use, i.e. "bootprep /dn" n being your drive letter. your mobo's cf slot doesn't have some kind of write protection does it? you sure the cf slot is on the IDE bus, right?
        EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
        Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
        OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
        Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
        BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
        VoomPC 2

Comment

I'm running bootprep correctly, its assigning C to the drive. I wouldnt think its write protected if I can fdisk and format it. The CF slot is on the secondary IDE channel, I've tried master and slave. Do you have that utility?

Comment

What system board to you have ? If MII10000 then I don't think BIOS will see the drive as an IDE device.. therefore poot prep wont work..

edit: If my hardware has arrived I'm doing this tonight... I hope it goes smoothly !
            Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
            Via EPIA MII
            512MB RAM
            OEM GPS (embedded)
            nLite WinXP pro on
            1GB Extreme III CF card
            Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
            Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

My board supports booting from the CF slot. I just need the utility.

Comment

I'm in need of this too, I'm using the slot built into my MB, I can boot to it, but need to mark it as fixed. could someone send it to me please

Comment

Didn't notice this thread.....

I'm would like a copy of the utility too.

michaelergud at gmail.com

Thanks

/Michael

Comment

I could use a copy of this too if it's still going around.

gregwoods2k at gmail.com

many thanks
                    //gman

Comment

Bootprep is part of Microsoft's WinXP embedded. I would download from their sit the trial software and install it.

EXE: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...edded_sp2e.exe

ISO: Download details: Windows XP Embedded SP2 Feature Pack 2007

I haven't read the EULA enough times to state that the BOOTPREP can be distributed outside of XPe or by non MS folks. However, there are other good programs wrapped up in XPe.

Road_Dog

Comment

So does anyone have a link to the actual fixed disk utility?

Comment

Can I turn any CF card into fixed drive?
                          InDashPC

Comment

Ask and Ye shall receive......

http://www.dynx.net/images/prog/ATCFWCHG.COM

Comment

I have one of these: http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...&reqPage=Model

And it's marked "removable", yet it is detected and partitionable by FDISK.

I have tried using the ATCFWCHG util on it, but it didn't work. I was able to install Windows onto it a couple of times, now I just get a disk error on first boot even tho I can still see it fine as a drive. (Yes, I have used an IDE-CF adaptor, etc...)

I emailed Seagate and got this reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please beware, Microsoft does not support there operating system installed on an USB drive.
                              Seagate does not have the special partitioning utility to modifiy the partition table on your micro drive.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. In order to allow us to deal with all enquiries as efficiently and accurately as possible we would ask that you include any previous emails when replying to us.
                              I don't think he knows what he is talking about.

Any ideas from the MP3car crew?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X