Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue boot screen

Hi Everyone!!
    Well, after finally installing the carputer, everything was pretty much up and running properly. I was still trying to finish the fabrication of the dash, and somehow 'clipped' one of the wires of my touchscreen overlay. We tried to solder them back together, and nothing. Finally, I wound up completely breaking the monitor, and just received my replacement after about 3 weeks. So I go to connect it, turn on the car, and It boots directly to the dos page with safe mode option. I tried to load every which way (normal mode, safe mode, etc..) and everytime it goes into a blue screen saying a problem ocurred, and it can start due to a problem with recently installed software or hardware. So I then tried disconnecting all of my usb devices, and even my monitor, and nothing will help the problem. Finally, the message says that if this doesn't help, to fix the problem in safe mode. But it won't even let me in safe mode. What do I do and what is the real cause of the problem? Please help!!!
    Via epia M10000
    12.1" VGA touchscreen
    XP Pro
    OPus 150W
    120 GIG Maxtor
    512 DDR
    Geforce 5500 Videocard
    Audigy NX USB sound card
    Wireless Keyboard & mouse
    Panasonic slim line -slot load
    w/ usb adapter
    IRMAN

well, has this installation ever worked? try using your XP cd and reparing the OS. If that doesn't work it could be a corrupted drive maybe. Have you installed any mods to the OS (like EWF, minlogon, etc)?
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

Yes, I actually did have the system up and running, but I would always get an error message stating that the system has recovered from a serious error. I never actually figuerd the problem out, before my monitor broke. So perhaps after having the computer power on and off for the past few weeks (with out my monitor hooked up) created a larger issue with my OS?!? I didn't really install too much, but I did install a usb sound card, a new video card, and irman.
      Via epia M10000
      12.1" VGA touchscreen
      XP Pro
      OPus 150W
      120 GIG Maxtor
      512 DDR
      Geforce 5500 Videocard
      Audigy NX USB sound card
      w/ usb adapter
      IRMAN

Comment

sounds like time to start a fresh OS install IMO

Comment

Its probably quicker to re-install that work out whats going on!

Comment

I spoke about this problem to a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgable about computers, and he believes that the hard drive my be fried....What do you guys think about that? Also, since my last post, I changed the 1st boot device in my bios to cd rom, disabled the HDD, and the same exact thing happens. It first boots up into the black screen where you can select safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc.. and again..which ever one I choose, it goes to the blue screen. How can I reinstall the OS if I can't even access a boot from the cd? Thanx!~
            Via epia M10000
            12.1" VGA touchscreen
            XP Pro
            OPus 150W
            120 GIG Maxtor
            512 DDR
            Geforce 5500 Videocard
            Audigy NX USB sound card
            w/ usb adapter
            IRMAN

Comment

bump...anyone?
              Via epia M10000
              12.1" VGA touchscreen
              XP Pro
              OPus 150W
              120 GIG Maxtor
              512 DDR
              Geforce 5500 Videocard
              Audigy NX USB sound card
              w/ usb adapter
              IRMAN

Comment

first of all, what's the stop code? have you double-checked all your cables to make sure everything is plugged in right? it's unlikely, but something could've come lose while you were moving your pc around. try completely unplugging the drive rather than just disabling it in the BIOS.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                VoomPC 2

Comment

Go build a BartPE disk, boot the machine and run some hard drive tests. Use a engine to get info on BartPE. Works good, lasts a long time.
                  VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

Originally posted by NYCdesignkid
                    I spoke about this problem to a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgable about computers, and he believes that the hard drive my be fried....What do you guys think about that? Also, since my last post, I changed the 1st boot device in my bios to cd rom, disabled the HDD, and the same exact thing happens. It first boots up into the black screen where you can select safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc.. and again..which ever one I choose, it goes to the blue screen. How can I reinstall the OS if I can't even access a boot from the cd? Thanx!~
                    I had something serious happening with a client. It turned out to be a bad stick of RAM that caused rebooting so much that Windows was booched.
                    Since the 'serious error' was coming up before you booched the monitor, I'd say that you've got a hardware problem, but maybe not.

Boot to your Windows CD and go into the repair console and run a CHKDSK /R. It'll take some time. It took about an hour on a client's P4 3Ghz box, and there was damaged data. Let it run and don't watch it. It's boring as all hell.

If that doesn't work, try re-installing the OS from scratch. Re-format the partition where Windows install, and don't use the Quick Format.

If that doesn't work, you're going to need to start replacing components one by one until the problem goes away.
                    I'd try the RAM first, since it's the easiest to replace.
                    If the RAM is good, then try a new hard drive.
                    Next would be the CPU, if it's not hard-wired like on the EPIA motherboards or a laptop board. Make certain you clean the CPU using rubbing alcohol and apply a thin coat of quality thermal grease like Arctic Silver.
                    If that's good, then look at power supply. That's a PITA in your car, I know.
                    Lastly, the motherboard.

Good luck. I hope you figure it out, man.
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what most of this means... I would greatly appreciate it if you can explain it a little clearer in 'laymans' terms. I also copied exactly what the screen says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Unmountable_Boot_Volume

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again. follow these steps:
                      Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you may need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.
                      Technical information:

*** stop: 0x000000ed (0x84f4f030,0xc0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                      I had something serious happening with a client. It turned out to be a bad stick of RAM that caused rebooting so much that Windows was booched.
                      Since the 'serious error' was coming up before you booched the monitor, I'd say that you've got a hardware problem, but maybe not.

Boot to your Windows CD and go into the repair console and run a CHKDSK /R. It'll take some time. It took about an hour on a client's P4 3Ghz box, and there was damaged data. Let it run and don't watch it. It's boring as all hell.

If that doesn't work, try re-installing the OS from scratch. Re-format the partition where Windows install, and don't use the Quick Format.

If that doesn't work, you're going to need to start replacing components one by one until the problem goes away.
                      I'd try the RAM first, since it's the easiest to replace.
                      If the RAM is good, then try a new hard drive.
                      Next would be the CPU, if it's not hard-wired like on the EPIA motherboards or a laptop board. Make certain you clean the CPU using rubbing alcohol and apply a thin coat of quality thermal grease like Arctic Silver.
                      If that's good, then look at power supply. That's a PITA in your car, I know.
                      Lastly, the motherboard.

Good luck. I hope you figure it out, man.
                      Via epia M10000
                      12.1" VGA touchscreen
                      XP Pro
                      OPus 150W
                      120 GIG Maxtor
                      512 DDR
                      Geforce 5500 Videocard
                      Audigy NX USB sound card
                      w/ usb adapter
                      IRMAN

Comment

bump
                        Via epia M10000
                        12.1" VGA touchscreen
                        XP Pro
                        OPus 150W
                        120 GIG Maxtor
                        512 DDR
                        Geforce 5500 Videocard
                        Audigy NX USB sound card
                        w/ usb adapter
                        IRMAN

Comment

try attaching the drive to another PC and see if you can access it from there. If not, then most likely the drive is bad. Happened to me before with my laptop drive.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                          VoomPC 2

Comment

Well, everyone....I fixed the problem. Somehow a registry became corrupted, and i needed to run my windows cd and repair. The reason windows was not booting up so I could run the repair was because it was a usb cd player. It was a fair amount of work to connect another cd drive, due to my installation, but I got it. Everything seems fine now, except of course for that damn 'your system has recovered from a serious error' messege that appears every time I start the computer......any other suggestions for that one? This messege appears even if I shut down the computer correctly through windows.
                            Via epia M10000
                            12.1" VGA touchscreen
                            XP Pro
                            OPus 150W
                            120 GIG Maxtor
                            512 DDR
                            Geforce 5500 Videocard
                            Audigy NX USB sound card
                            w/ usb adapter
                            IRMAN

Comment

Guess what...I found this excellent tool called Google, and after investing approx. 14 seconds, I found the solution to my serious error messege. I suggest that everyone tries this site www.google.com -It is extremely helpful!
                              Via epia M10000
                              12.1" VGA touchscreen
                              XP Pro
                              OPus 150W
                              120 GIG Maxtor
                              512 DDR
                              Geforce 5500 Videocard
                              Audigy NX USB sound card
                              w/ usb adapter
                              IRMAN