Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing the welcome screen from start up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the welcome screen from start up.

i hope im not pointing out something that everyone already knows..

i been tring to remove the big blue welcome screen from the start of xp and i finally did it.

firstly goto

start > settings > control pannel > user accounts

then in that window click "change the way users log on or off"
    then unclick the 2 boxes.
    usally this would remove the welcome screen but ask u to put in ur passwords and name..
    so do this

goto
    start > run > type "control userpasswords2"

in this window. make sure the user that u use is highlited and then unclick the "users must enter a user name and password..." tab

and thats that. no more wlecome screen
    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

thanks for posting this. I have been wondering how to do it but just too busy to take the time to find it.
    Randell Kelly

Comment

Thanks!

Worked great! So we're still stuck with that little windows xp box right? trying to avoid any sign of windows...haven't tried the tweakxp app, but I heard it gets rid of regular blue screen making it black, so i'll try that too and see which is better...
      Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

yeah it still has the blue screen with the window
        i might try and get this tweat xp app .. see what she can do
        View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

i couldn't find an option for that in there, did you?

Comment

i use a program from stardock called logon studio. you can then change the look of the welcome screen. so even if it still displays for a short time, you can make it look the way you want it. i have mine so the ford logo appears as the boot screen , then as the welcome screen, and desktop image. so all i see is a ford logo with a boot status bar until frodo player starts. if anyone wants the bootscreen for bootskin or the logon screen let me know.
            System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

thanks, but don't you still have to click the stupid icon everytime?

Comment

nope, goes straight to the desktop. as mentioned above its pretty easy to set up auto logon, but more difficult to actually get rid of the welcome screen entirely.
                System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

ok i'm confused then because when I do the autologon thing, after my boot screen, I get a blue screen, then grey and there's the windows box that says loading windows, loading settings etc. I don't see the welcome screen at all-just the ugly windows box grrrr

Comment

And if we had a quality navigation package for Linux, we'd all be switching to a Linux SVGA framebuffer frontend to have fast boot times, and fully custom boot screens with no interferance from Washington.
                    Kevin
                    Audi A4 Carputer, 80% setup.

Comment

Originally posted by djmickyg
                      i hope im not pointing out something that everyone already knows..

i been tring to remove the big blue welcome screen from the start of xp and i finally did it.

firstly goto

start > settings > control pannel > user accounts

then in that window click "change the way users log on or off"
                      then unclick the 2 boxes.
                      usally this would remove the welcome screen but ask u to put in ur passwords and name..
                      so do this

goto
                      start > run > type "control userpasswords2"

in this window. make sure the user that u use is highlited and then unclick the "users must enter a user name and password..." tab

and thats that. no more wlecome screen
                      Even better with Minlogon you miss out *everything* - straight to desktop (or your frontend as shell) after the black windows screen
                      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Linux Navigation

Check out Navigator 4. It runs on windows or linux with voice as well.

www.directions.ltd.uk
                        I'll get there eventually!

Epox P4, 1.7, LinITX 7", Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Roadrunner

Comment

Originally posted by scaccess
                          Check out Navigator 4. It runs on windows or linux with voice as well.

www.directions.ltd.uk

Only for the UK?
                          99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
                          HW
                          Liliput 8in TS
                          845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
                          60GB 2.5" HDD
                          MS MN-710 WifiG
                          BT Deluo lite GPS
                          IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
                          SW:
                          Win XP SP2
                          RR
                          IGuidance 4.0
                          Zots day skin
                          Proscan 4.0
                          (100% Complete!)

Comment

Dont want the Welcome Screen? Just use ONE user account and it will go straight to the desktop. SP1 and SP2 create a second hidden user account ASP.NET which, if you wont do any programming....you wont be needing it! So delete it, make sure that the GUEST account is deactivated and there you go...no 3rd party software no nothing!

P.S. Make sure that you have the option with the welcome screen enabled. Dont know why but it just works this way!

Tara
                            Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
                            http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

for you linux guys, have any of you used GPSDrive? http://gpsdrive.kraftvoll.at/

I'm not much of a linux person, but I may mess around with it after I finally finish my current setup.
                              EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
                              Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                              OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
                              Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
                              BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
                              VoomPC 2

Comment

Working...
                              X