Need Help Customizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Customizing

I can't say I know everything there is to know about XP... So please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question guys and girls...
    I'm currently running XP Pro and I need help customizing my screens...
    I know there's a "Boot Screens" thread... but Can anyone please tell me what I have to do exactly to change my current "XP Loading" screen to something else... Also, Can I get rid of the "Welcome" screen? Where do I go to do so?
    The same question goes for the "Windows Shut Down" screen...
    I just wanna make my carputer run a lot less like my home PC, as I'm sure most of you would understand... so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

P.S. I'm looking for either "Nissan" or "Infiniti" logo type of screens...
    VER. 3.0- Check out below:
    車コンピュータ 3.0

look in http://themexp.org they ahve many good solutions for changing logons boot screens etc

you cna use resource hacker to replace the the bitmaps in the NTOSKRNL.exe file or download pre-made ones.. it allows for replacing the hibernating and startup screen.,

use MINIlogon for dumping your welcome screen.. make sure you get the app CADtrap (CTRL+ALT+DEL trap) so you can still use the 3 finger salute..

there are threads on customizing the resume screen.. but not much can be done but change the loading text..
    Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

minlogon isn't necessary to skip the welcome screen or login screen. run "control userpasswords2" to enable autologin. search this forum for the others (like disabling status messages at boot up). this was covered a few weeks ago. just need to
      EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
      Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
      OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
      Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
      BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
      VoomPC 2

Comment

well the mini logon gets you to a usable state faster which is the ultimate goal correct?
        Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

yeo man! whats up?

When I changed my boot logo I had to also change the palette built into NTOSKRNL.EXE. I fount this awesome site that told me exactly what to do: http://www.geocities.com/thejjoelc/XPbootcolors.html It can get complicated but works 100%.

Funny thing is - there's all these boot logos you can download but will look like crap because NTOSKRNL.EXE still has its default 16color palette. Check out that site, hopefully it helps. There might be programs that do it, but I just gave up between shareware crap and annoying things being added to the logo.
          Check out my SQ Competition carputer install

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'll try some of those!
            VER. 3.0- Check out below:
            車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

Working...
            X