Nobody is understanding my question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody is understanding my question

OK.....I just ran nLite created an ISO burned it to a cd. I installed it on an old computer I had and she booted up and everything. I got the system down to 630mb. Now i want to be able to use minlogon +ewf. I read all those post by sifrito. Minlogon is the easy part. BUT With ewf i dont understand.

SO my question is..........

1. Should i download XPe with SP2 on my system that i just INSTALLED nLite on.

2. When i search for those files in the repositories and put them in the directory needed...where do i put them??? The drive that i INSTALLED nLite on (C:/windows)????

3. What is the root folder?

4. Can I created another ISO with minlogon + ewf using nLite so everytime i pop in the CD to install on a hard drive it will automatically install it. Or do i have to use a different program.

5. Now the thing i really dont understand is....when i replace all the files in windows how do i get the entire system on a cd to reinstall?

If you are using a fixed disk and plan to use NTFS then just simply use Windows Disk Management to partition the drive and format it.

Now you are ready to copy your XP install over. Use whatever method you prefer, whether itís booting into Knoppix, Dos, or another XP installation. Just make sure that you copy all hidden and system files and keep the attributes intact.
    I already made my ISO with nLite do i have to do it again....but if i have to do it again how do i create the ISO with all the minlogon and ewf functions?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

I'd recommend reading SFioritos Walkthrough for EWF and Minlogon, it explains everything easily. It can be found in this forum.

Comment

I Did!!!!
      2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
      Via M10K
      512mb Ram
      60GB HDD
      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

All i am trying to do is get Win XP SP2 compressed with nLite and when i install Xp onto any harddrive it will install the compressed version and with minlogon and ewf!

I just created a winxp cd that is just compressed 630mb. Now i need to make another cd that is compressed but with minlogon and ewf

hence the titel of my thread lol
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
          OK.....I just ran nLite created an ISO burned it to a cd. I installed it on an old computer I had and she booted up and everything. I got the system down to 630mb. Now i want to be able to use minlogon +ewf. I read all those post by sifrito. Minlogon is the easy part. BUT With ewf i dont understand.

SO my question is..........

1. Should i download XPe with SP2 on my system that i just INSTALLED nLite on.

2. When i search for those files in the repositories and put them in the directory needed...where do i put them??? The drive that i INSTALLED nLite on (C:/windows)????

3. What is the root folder?

4. Can I created another ISO with minlogon + ewf using nLite so everytime i pop in the CD to install on a hard drive it will automatically install it. Or do i have to use a different program.

5. Now the thing i really dont understand is....when i replace all the files in windows how do i get the entire system on a cd to reinstall?

I already made my ISO with nLite do i have to do it again....but if i have to do it again how do i create the ISO with all the minlogon and ewf functions?
          OK, I will answer these questions but if you don't understand this you don't stand much chance!

1) Nope install on a separate system, it probably won't install on an nLited System

2) C:\windows\system32 & C:\ - this is explained in SFioritos Walkthrough

3) C:\ - OMG! I'd stop now! Again this was in SFioritos Walkthrough

4) Nope, they must be manually done under each install. Again, follow Sfioritos walkthrough.

5) I really don't understand this question. Why do you want to copy everything back onto CD once installed??

Comment

I coppied my original win xp cd to my hard druve in c:/win xp cd

now the files i need " ewf.sys, ewfntldr, and ewfmgr.exe" do they get installed to my c:/windows section or do they get installed to C:/win xp cd???
            2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
            Via M10K
            512mb Ram
            60GB HDD
            OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

You can't make a CD with them on ready to go, you have install them manually onto your CarPC.

Comment

Working...
              X