Preperations for standby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preperations for standby

What exactly do I need to do settings-wise to be able put my car in standby for overnight conditions?

I tried putting the car in standby last night, and this morning the computer had simply shutdown. When I started the car, the car booted up. I have been using hibernation, and it works well, but standby would be so much better. I have a older 150w opus and a 1.2 ghz processor with about 6 usb devices.
    mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
    Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

doesnt the opus turn the power off after a certain amount of time with your car turned off?
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

the opus will automatically activate the power button after a certain amount of time. This power button can be set to hibernate, standby, or shutdown the computer. Currently I have the setting on hibernate... but i don't think it should be activated if it is already in standby.....

I still dont know what to do
      mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37

Comment

I think what strohj is talking about is after a while doesn't the opus go into hardoff mode (cutting all power), therefore shutting the comp down fully. Personally I'm not sure if it does b/c I don't have an opus, but I know the m1-atx does.

I was considering doing the same thing but it seemed like too much work. I was going to have to cut the power to everything but the motherboard. So you need to cut all the juice going to usb(hub pwr & actually usb cable pwr), monitor power, neon light power, and fan power. I'm not sure if you can shut off any power rails on the motherboard. Possibly the 12v rail cause I think the ram (used in stand by) is powered from the 5v.

Once all of this power is cut you would have to configure the opus to allow the computer to stay powered, in other words, remove the hardoff power setting (that is if it exists).

Good Luck
        Mobo= Epia V
        Ram= 640mb
        Ps= m1-atx
        Screen= Lilly 7" ts
        Hd= 40gig
        case= 1/10 scale model of my car (04 Saturn Ion QC)
        soundcard= soundblaster mp3+
        GPS= Holux gm-210

Comment

hmmm.. i havent heard of the hardoff mode... Thanks for the help,

I know there are people with opus's that have done this and have it working...
          I just need one of them to tell me how. Help

Comment

don't make me beg.....

Comment

Are you sure you want that?

Think about your power consumption. Your battery will get absolutely dry in a matter of (hours/days) depending on its capacity.

Not only need power to feed the RAM, also the so called 5Vsb (5 Volts in standby) will contribute to "hardoff" your car.

BTW, i have a M1-ATX.

Comment

I've read posts saying that people leave their cars for over 3 days in standby and have no issues,

That is precisely what i want

Comment

I use mine that way and I have a opus 150, I just changed the option in the power control panel to go into standby when power button is pressed. Works great, but I have found some motherboards dont like it and actually will keep running even while in standby.

But it's so nice to have music even before I put the car in reverse, my resume times are around 1 to 2 seconds after the 4 second opus delay
                  肚子笑痛了
                  S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                  X