X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys check this out 49 meg xp

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?...pic=47480&st=0
    it is for real

Giving it a go now But doubt it will be all that usable really.

Comment

I wonder how fast this would boot!!! Keep us posted...

also please try as much as you can for compatibility on this system

Road Runner (winamp)
      Frodo
      FreeDrive (Destinator)
      Phoco (.NET)
      etc?

If you have time of course!
      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I doubt Phoco will work on it tbh on an install footprint of 49Meg, I doubt most of the things we use won't work.

Comment

The guy in that forum is working hard on it he already has made a batch file for it and a list of removable items after you apply a reg patch. He now needs an installer so this will boot up into a complete working OS. If anyone has any ideas on an installer for this please let him know. This is a very exciting project that many will benifit from

Comment

what sort of installer???

Comment

Please check out his thread it will explain more in detail the things he is working on. If I try to explain it I may say something wrong.

Comment

God I love these guys.. I used there forums to made my own unattended XP install..

Comment

Hmmm.... looks neat... would it work with any front-end / drivers etc...??
                  List of front-ends/usefull apps
                  XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Thats the problem... My nLite install gave me all sorts of errors so for now I've given up on nLite all together....

This 49mb install I'm even more skeptical about what it could be used for!!!
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

It has only errored because you have removed stuff needed for various applications. It takes more than one attempt to get it right ... I think I took about ten or so builds till it was perfect.

Comment

I went through the process to remove the files that the forum post recommends AFTER applying the registry settings and upon reboot Win XP gave me all sorts of missing file errors. So if you think that you can just apply the reg patch and then remove the files from XP and -Viola! you have a pruned XP system- Think again. You will blow your OS out of the water! I did. Luckily , I already have a small nLited Xp install so it was just a matter of reinstalling that - took 8 minutes or so . No biggie.

I have my install down to about 775 meg with no pagefile. I am hesitant in removing more components.

Comment

My Nlited XP install was just under 200Meg and everything except Speedcam alerts in Mapmonkey worked. I never used .NET apps so didn't need the .NET Framework installing.

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                            It has only errored because you have removed stuff needed for various applications. It takes more than one attempt to get it right ... I think I took about ten or so builds till it was perfect.
                            Definitely! But I just never had time for 10 nlite tries..
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                              Yup, or 100..takes time my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X