Alternative to Hibernation..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to Hibernation..

I'm planning to use Windows XP in my project, but the problem is that the motherboard does not support Hibernation.

I remember that somebody mentioned 3rd party program for XP that did same as hibernation.. saves memory to disk and allows quicker boot..

But i cannot what that program was.. or is it even possible if motherboard does not support hibern.?

If somebody knows any of these programs, give me a shout..

My boot time is now about 1min, after nLited installation. next step would be hibernation and EWF, but that damn motherboard is now giving me a hard time.

And changing the mb is not an solution...

Originally posted by Jehvi
    And changing the mb is not an solution...
    You should change the mb.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Pretty much every motherboard supports hibernation, if not all.

Check your display drivers to make sure they are the correct drivers.

Comment

I know that i used a copy of windows and this didnt alow me to hibernate
        Then i put on a different copy and it worked fine.

Comment

make sure hibernation is enabled in windows. go to control panel -> power options and make sure that it's enabled there.

i believe it's off by default.

Comment

Originally posted by JiveMofo
            make sure hibernation is enabled in windows. go to control panel -> power options and make sure that it's enabled there.

i believe it's off by default.
            The problem is that i dont even have that tab in Power options.

Does anybody know what things i should left alone when using nLite, so i dont broke hibernation?

Comment

Did you untick the turn hibernation off?? If not you will have disabled hibernation on your install.

Comment

Where in latest nLite i can find that "turn hibernation off" setting?

Comment

Its under the unattended settings on the second tab (General 1/2)

Comment

I checked.. and it should be on (not ticked)... i currently installing full XP setup. Just to see if it allows me to hibernate.. If it does, then the problem is in nLited installation..

Comment

Have you got the correct graphics drivers installed? i.e not the standard windows ones? Check under device manager.

Comment

At the moment i have standard ones.. Does this really make difference??? Sound little bit wierd that graphics drivers could couse this..

Comment

Yup it does, the graphics drivers can stop the hibernation/standby functions from appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                            Yup it does, the graphics drivers can stop the hibernation/standby functions from appearing.
                            Jehvi listen to Mp3car:

I Have this problem with some Pcchips Mobos that i bought OEM a while ago...

With the XP drivers no hibernation/or stanby after I install the update form Pcchips Web site hibernation appear in the shutdown menu and the display prop.
                            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Ok.. i'm now trying with updated drivers.. let's see what happens.. Just minutes ago I installed full XP setup, that actually installed Radeon drivers, and voila! Hibernate works..

Comment

Working...
                              X