Change shell questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change shell questions

Im using powerstrip to set my resolution to 800*480 so everything looks good on my xenarc.

Now if i change my explorer shell to frodoplayer, when my comp boots up straight into frodoplayer, does this mean powerstrip wont load up and then i wont get my widescreen resolution, and everythings going to look shocking?

yes. When you change shells all the startup stuff is ignored cept for whats in the registry. You could create a batch file and have frodo launch it when it starts.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I dont think you need to load powerstrip every time! it will keep your resolution unless you need very funky alterarions... in my case I only use pstrip to SET the resolution I dontmake it autostart or anything
      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

hmm, okai i thought i did need powerstrip, because when windows would load up it would be in some werid resolution but once power strip loads up the resolution changes to widescreen.

So i thought powerstrip would have to be loaded, getting a new board with onboard video so will experiment with that when it comes instead of the peice of **** i have now. cheers.

Comment

hmmm, try it out then... for me, windows comes up already in 800x480, so I didnt need to load powerstrip everytime.... I guess it varies from board to board...

You might be able to get away with a .BAT file as a shell... it should contain:

Code:
          c:\program files\powerstrip\pstrip.exe
          c:\program files\neocar media center\nmc.exe
          (of course, edit that as you see fit for your own path to pstrip, and your frontend)...

***I am not responsible if this doesnt work and craps out your system***
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
          X