Help preparing CF card for install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help preparing CF card for install

I don't know why this isn't working?! Help me...

I am trying to bootprep my Extreme III CF card.

I have my CF card on the IDE Primary Master on a 40 conductor cable (drive C). I have my HD and CD drives on Secondary IDE controller. I have copied BOOTPREP onto the HD.

I do not have a floppy drive so I am booting into DOS with a DOS Boot CD that I made with Nero.

Once I'm in DOS, I run Fdisk. I delete the current partition. Then I create a new FAT32 primary partition. Then I select the partition as the bootable partition.

Once the partitioning is done, I reboot and attempt to format c:/s

When I use the command "format c:/s" I get the error message "invalid drive, or format not supported"

When I use the command "bootprep" I get the error message "run-time error R6003 - integer divide by 0"

WTF is going on? Will someone help me out here please!? TIA

Fixed! I'm not sure what the problem was, but it had to do with the partition. I used a different partition program and it then allowed me to format the CF card (although it made me use a "/x" switch - don't know why...but it works now)

Thanks for nothing. J/K

Comment

Im looking for someone to get my CF booting and with a working XP. can you do this ?

Comment

Originally posted by LindyM View Post
        Im looking for someone to get my CF booting and with a working XP. can you do this ?
        No. See reply to your other (cross-posted) message.
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
        X