No announcement yet.

Disable hibernate/resume error message?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable hibernate/resume error message?

Sometimes, my system fails to resume from Hibernate due to a "read failure."

Windows XP then restarts and asks me if I want to start fresh. (Of course, I do.) I have to hit enter to continue.

The problem with this is I'm using a laptop and these messages don't come up on my external screen. Is there a way to get rid of this and make Windows XP just automatically restart from fresh if there's an error? (Same deal when WinXP doesn't shut down properly or when it fails to boot all the way the last time).

Thanks.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

I seem to remember it being in the system properties tab just untick "time to display recovery options", but don't quote me on this.
    PC Chips 1500,512mb ddr,no case yet, LinITX 7" touchscreen,300w inverter,RoadRunner FreeDrive,BU303 gps mouse.

Comment

Yeah I tried that before. It didn't work. Thanks, though. Anyone have any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
        Yeah I tried that before. It didn't work. Thanks, though. Anyone have any idea?
        I've searched and searched on this but I cannot find a solution either

Comment

Somewhere in system properties there is an option to force reboot on system failure... Maybe that will help?!?
          My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
          NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuned Vitesse
            Somewhere in system properties there is an option to force reboot on system failure... Maybe that will help?!?
            Yes, I tried that with no luck as well. It's called "automatically reboot on system failure." It's actually enabled by default.

Basically I need to tell Windows XP to ignore any previous boot error when booting up. I disabled chdsk through the registry and still no luck.

By the way, what might cause this problem of hibernation failure due to a read error? It happens pretty randomly for me.

Comment

I get this problem too (occasionally) and while my external screen does work, my external keyboard doesn't.

I would be very interested in a solution for this as well.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

enable USB keyboard support in BIOS

i get this message too mut just press enter to bin it

Comment

its enabled, but it doesn't work for this screen for some reason. It works for the safe mode screen, just not for this specific message.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Comment

I have also the same problem with my T22 setup. USB-keyboard support on BIOS start unfortenately until T23...
                    Electricity is blue and it hurts...

Comment

luckily it doesn't happen all that often, but it is annoying

|V1 Virtual Display|

Comment

bump!

any hack/fix yet?

I've just realised that when my system does this its usually after I've added/removed or rearranged some USB devices whilst power off.
                        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Resurrected...

My carpc will do this from time to time. Anyway to "delete restoration data and boot" without a keyboard would be great!.

Later, Lew
                          I am the stig's cousin.

Comment

I'd love to see a 'fix' for this also! I wouldn't even mind if it defaulted to deleting restoration data by default. Streetdeck usually brings me back to where i was anyway.
                            I recently got XP SP3 on, I'll take a look at some of the system settings again.

Comment

Desperate for a fix too...
                              My in-car USB keyboard doesn't work.
                              I have to fetch my chunky keyboard from the storage every time it happens

Comment

Working...
                              X