Change Resume hibernation screen solution. but needs help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Resume hibernation screen solution. but needs help

I found this by accident, I installed the new Vista 5270 on a second partition. But now, it uses the Vista resume loader from hibernation even on winXP. Which is a black screen with a green graphic bar that changes lightness, it looks fairly good.

So I don't have the time for the R&D on this one, but it appears that you cna use the new vista loader and it could let us make some sweet resume screens.

happy hacking. I can psot an image if anyone really wants.
    Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

bump, cus at 7:15am everything got cleared from new posts.
    Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Ummmm.
      You realize that the new posts is individual for each user.....
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

no, but I do now, thanks

/me wipes egg from face.
        Shawn

Comment

pics please

Comment

really, it doesn't do jsutice without video
            http://shimmelberger.wavestatic.com/resume.wmv Right+click and download, sorry it's WMV, but we cna complain about video codecs later.. it was simple and easy.

This video is from power on from hibernation, and somehow after installing vista on a seperate partition, it still uses vista's resumer when resuming from windows XP hibernation
            Shawn

Comment

I wonder what happens if you uninstall Vista now.

Subscribed
              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by neon_eddy
                no, but I do now, thanks

/me wipes egg from face.

Just wanted a free bump didn't you
                You post whore you

My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

shameless bump-reply here. I am a post whore, I feel I've stumbled onto something here though.

I guess before I format that drive, I should say this, after installing vista, it gives me an inital boot loader prompt, much like XP would with another install of XP or say when I had OSX on here, so right now from a clean boot, no hibernation I get a screen that says "choose vista or legacy windows" from there I get my old XP boot loader with my winxp and OSX choice (OSX was overwritten for Vista, so it would go nowhere). What I'm getting at here is, could it be a different boot loader all together?.. and would it maybe leave my system un-hibernatable?
                  Shawn

Comment

Man, from that video...it was like a 43 second startup from standby. What's your cold startup time like?

Comment

that is cold.. the whole point of a resume (from hibernation).

it's mylaptop.. not my carPC it's a proff of concept, and I'm not sure how it happened.. just asking for others to help out .
                      Shawn

Comment

Also, I can't find the file that vista uses for resuming.. here is what I think is going on.

1) my vista partition is set to active, so it uses the bootlaoder from there.
                        2) how vista's resume from hibernation knows to load the hibernation file on my winXP install is beyond me, but it does.
                        3) my guess is, it's a file on the vista partition .. we'll know soon. I'm trying 10.4.3 OSX again, so it's getting axed.
                        Shawn

Comment

the vista resumer is NOT on the vista partition.

I loaded OS X on the old Vista partition, and it still works.

anyone got any ideas?
                          Shawn

Comment

fdisk /mbr

Comment

I can't kill my MBR.. this is a working system for my work. unless I'm missing something
                              Shawn

Comment

Working...
                              X