Trouble with Embedded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Embedded

i installed xp embedded and everytings workin cept the internet. i have teh dhcp, tcpip, and network driver installed. i can ping myself (127.0.0.1), but i cant ping the router. anyone know what's wrong?

problem with your network cable and or router.. OR... did you check to make sure you got a valid ip address from the router or your dhcp server?
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

betatester...sorry I never got around to responding to your msg....

run ipconfig on the system to make sure you got an ip from your router.
      EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
      Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
      OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
      Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
      BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
      VoomPC 2

Comment

I can't run ipconfig, but I can run wntipcfg, and when I renew it, I get the error message:

Error

1717: Renewing adapter {Adapter ID}

DHCP server 255.255.255.255
        And my IP is 0.0.0.0.

Comment

Originally posted by betatester35
          I can't run ipconfig, but I can run wntipcfg, and when I renew it, I get the error message:

And my IP is 0.0.0.0.
          not sure this command exists on normal windows, but your IP sounds invalid.

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
          CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
          Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

is your router setup to be a DHCP server? ...
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

my router works perfectly, because i have a dual boot setup. that also means my hardware works. so that narrows the options down to my componenets in embedded.

and my ip is not valid for a dhcp-enabled computer. typically it would be 192.168.1.x. 0.0.0.0 means it was unable to get an ip from the server.

Comment

sounds like you've got the wrong driver installed. if you want to verify this, run ethereal on a hub and see if your embedded install is sending dhcp discover packets

Comment

how can it be an incorrect driver if i can ping myself?

Comment

you dont have TCP/IP installed in your embedded version... this will explain why you cannot run IPCONFIG in the embedded version...

Comment

no i do have it installed, or else i wouldnt be able to ping myself. i cant run ipconfig because of an error "win64fsredirection is missing in ntdll.dll" or something like that.

Comment

can you post the exact error message you are getting when you try to run IPCONFIG ?

if you do have TCP/IP completely installed.. it seems like it is corrupted somehow..

Comment

It probably bears mentioning that the the loopback device is actually a seperate device from your NIC, and even if you don't have working drivers for your NIC you'll still be able to "ping yourself" using localhost.

Comment

but i checked the registry and it said that tcp/ip successfully binded to my network card or driver. not sure if that suggests the presence of a correct driver tho...and i used the driver that appeared from device manager.

Comment

we can safely eliminate the possibility of driver problems!!! just added device manager and my network card was detected. anything else that i might be missing? whats that hidden WAN miniport device in device manager for?

Comment

Working...
                              X