Ram issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram issues

so i just got my carputer and installe dmy 1gb pc2100 ram but in tinyxp rev 4 it only reads that there is 499 mb is there a driver that i need to install i hvae a via mobo

doesnt sound like a driver issue, what does the bios report as the ram size? It could easy be half the stick isnt working.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

It's more like the motherboard shares system RAM for video RAM.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I know this sounds like a dumb question but what speed of ram does your PC take? I've put slower ram in a PC with a faster bus speed and it registers as half.
        -WarDriver-
        Server Administrator
        Outdoor Nut

My DC to AC Inverter Mod
        My Laptop Remote Switch

Comment

mother boeard takes up to 1 gb. but it wouldnt take 500 mb for vedio.

Comment

no but it could take up to 256mb on via mobos. I say do as scimtar suggested and look when it post's to see how much ram is being registered at the simple level. make sure you disable quick boot too so that it actually scans the ram and doesnt just assume what it is (saves time, hence quick boot!). if in the post it says 1024mb, then obviously software related. I know that in 98, it only supported 512, even though a 4gb stick could be in there. Could be a driver. If it does not show up at booting, then run memtestx86. (its called something like that). its free and will check your ram. good luck.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

how do i change my bios settings
              form quick to normal.

Comment

nm found out how.

Comment

well hte bios says its only 491mb is it possible that this is caused by the fact that it is a cheapo ram off of ebay high density.

Comment

Originally posted by allahsone
                    well hte bios says its only 491mb is it possible that this is caused by the fact that it is a cheapo ram off of ebay high density.
                    Yup. That can do it...
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

F**K oh well i might as well just spend 90 on a gig. do you kow anything bout tft i'm having issues. its hella blurry. and i dunno what to do.

Comment

There are lots of lcd's that have a blurry image. I have yet to find a cure. We tried on this thread though: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74600

As for the RAM, it could be because it is Dual something RAM. I forgot the name of it, but it is the "high density" stuff that alot of boards won't recognize. Therefore you only get half, which is what you are getting. Try a non-dual layer.

Comment

on your setup do you have the display settings as lcd or tv thanks

Comment

as lcd.
                            for tv, it uses RCA, and that is very very blurry.

Comment

so how do you have your lcd plugged through the vga port. because my screen only has rca ports. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X