No announcement yet.

can someone help me out with boot times??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me out with boot times??

i installed xp and started trying out skins, when i was satisfied i uploaded my music and it slowed down boot time to about 2 min from the previous 45 sec, so i deleted my music and still slow, i reformatted and the second time boot with nothing but xp takes 3 minutes, even with selective startup it still takes 3 minutes in the XP loading screen WTF??
    Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Offical Freeway Subforum
    Official Freeway Website

faster boot times

hey dude, if u want a faster boot time, u want to go to start, then run, then type in msconfig. a box should come up and go to the start up tap, and disable all the ones you dont want to start up when u turn ur computer on. i ussally disable all because that increases the boot time so much and there might possibly be spyware booting up...

Are you sure nothing else changed, like hardware, or perhaps your HD is going bad. I can't think of a single reason why adding your music, or even a clean install, wiould increase your boot times. Aside from changing the services that are loaded upon boot, or a different OS, nothing SW wise would increase your boot times.

Something else is going on.

...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.