Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP USB Stick Edition

Hey folks,

Found a torrent with the name of WindowsXP USB Stick edition, anyone else heard of this?
    I downloaded it and the image is 150mb.. Contains a bat file for installation and a cutdown I386 folder with all the setup and files needed for a basic install.

Has anyone ever tried it? I might give it a shot on an old HD and see what its like but am thinking its going to be VERY cutdown.. possibly missing all the usefull stuff

Sounds like 2FastXP that was just renamed. 2FastXP was badged as being able to run off a USB stick. I never tried it because the developer's site said there were a ton of bugs - heeding him to go back and try to rebuild it again.

There should be a new release of 2Fast soon. Personally, I don't mind TinyXP Beast Edition. It works well, and has a lot of features (including wireless support) built into it. My old 800 MHz laptop with 128 meg ram boots up in 20 seconds with Beast Edition
    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Thanks, I won't bother trying it then

I'm new to this optimization thing - I just loaded up XP Pro and off I went. Will google TinyXP now and take a look..

Comment

go here to make your own image of XP to run off USB: http://www.winusb.de/index_en.html
        EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
        Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
        OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
        Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
        BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
        VoomPC 2

Comment

me too download and load it to usb flash. Yes its working but its really sucks.

don't waste your time.
          '06 C-Max Worklog

Comment

Working...
          X