• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What service edit would cause this?

When trying to run a downloaded .exe:

Code:
    Error reading setup initialization file
    A Google search just tells me that it was a bad download. I've tried downloading it again only to the same result.

I've been messing with some services tweaks so I'm pretty sure it was one of these. I plan on going back through each one of them, but figured this might yield a quicker result.

Anyone care to help?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Is it every executable you download or just one? Everywhere i've seen just says its the result of a bad download. If its only one file, someone may have uploaded a bad file to begin with. If you give me the link i'll try it out
    REBUILDING!!

Comment

I think I might have figured it out, but my husband wanted ice cream, so I had to leave the car in the garage for a bit. When I get back I'm going to see if it has to do with the setup.ini file being in a different location from a possible previous download.
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

This happens when you click on run instead of file save as.. and then run... it misplaces some of the installation files...

its a fairly common problem with both IE and firefox if you have it set to clean your history often
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I don't remember what I figured out the problem was at the time, but it's fixed now...lol
          Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
          X