minlogon - Problems installing files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minlogon - Problems installing files

Hey guys. Just installed minlogon and it works great for speed...but the problem.

I tried installing a couple programs and it says "unable to create a temporary folder to extract to" - possible cause you don't have proper permissions.

So I try to go into my documents, and set the security permissions. But ...no security tab anymore. Anyone know a way around this?

If not, anyone know the regedit required to go back to winlogon?

So looking further ... the computer is logged in under minlogon as

"computername\username"

So by default I assume new user are not give administrative priveledges. The problem is I can't add a new user with a "\" in the name.

Any suggestions?

Ah ....could just be I had "simple file sharing" on...hang on.

Comment

I have the same problems too under Minlogon. Sometimes it installs right, sometimes it doesn't.

You don't need registry to get back to Winlogon. If you have a copy of Winlogon, replace it with the existing minlogon just like the way you replace Winlogon with Minlogon will do.

Comment

Yea, was able to work around by switching back to winlogon. But would still like to retain admin priveledges through minlogon - or at least find a way to map the drive priveledges.

Thanks for your input though.

Comment

NP, Cheers!

I do notice even when I did what I mentioned, I got the software to install, but I can't use it (e.g:Bootskin).

Comment

Originally posted by SentraVIP View Post
            NP, Cheers!

I do notice even when I did what I mentioned, I got the software to install, but I can't use it (e.g:Bootskin).
            I am using bootskin with minlogon and ewf also

Comment

Working...
            X